Nintendo has quite a lot of excitement leading into its NX console, but now there is a new report that says Nintendo's NX console will feature three marquee titles within the first 6 months of its releases, according to "sources close to Nintendo".
Nintendo has already announced and teased The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but the report says that we could expect next-gen Mario and Pokemon games on the NX console shortly after launch. This fits neatly in with Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima's promise that the NX will launch with a "full software lineup," so this isn't exactly a surprise. We don't know what the new Mario game could be like, but MCV reports that the Pokemon NX game will come from the developer of the mainline handheld titles, Game Freak.
If Pokemon does land on the Nintendo NX, it will be the first Pokemon game released on a home system - as it is normally on Nintendo handhelds, and now smartphones with Pokemon GO. However the NX is believed to be a handheld-console hybrid rather than a traditional console, so this definitely fits with Pokemon's usual platform of choice.
Nintendo is expected to reveal the NX in September, with a launch on March 2017.
Check below for a huge list of everything we know about the Nintendo NX so far:
Everything we know about the Nintendo NX so far:
- Nintendo NX might be transforming hybrid handheld, not a console
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box, could support the NX
- Ubisoft might've dropped some major Nintendo NX clues
- Nintendo is officially researching VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- Nintendo NX launches March 2017 globally
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Nintendo focusing on 'greatness of games' over hardware performance
- Nintendo says Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be an 'immediate reason' to buy an NX console
- Nintendo NX will powered by an NVIDIA Tegra processor, not an AMD chip
- The NX is rumored to feature gaming at 900p 60FPS with 4K video support
- The NX is rumored to use AMD's new 14nm Polaris GPU
- Devs claim the NX is incredibly easy to develop games for
- The NX won't have a disc drive, games will be on cartridges
- The console will also have a portable Wii U-like controller that allows gaming on-the-go somewhat like a 3DS
- The NX will support Frostbite, Unreal Engine 4 and Unity
- Nintendo's new console will also interact with smartphones and PCs as well as existing Nintendo hardware like the Wii U and 3DS handheld
- >> NEXT STORY: LG to release the world's first Android 7.0 smartphone on September 6
- << PREVIOUS STORY: The latest leaked shot of the iPhone 7 shows it has no headphone jack