Latest Technology Content
The Venus Thunderbolt 3 eGPU enclosure from Mantiz hits the big stage as we take it in for testing.
The Venus Thunderbolt 3 eGPU enclosure from Mantiz hits the big stage as we take it in for testing.
Now that the new test server for Battlegrounds is live, gamers are seeing just what the developer has been working on apart from the new map, weapons, performance improvements and more.
The developers have been working closely on the detail of the female character in the new PUBG test servers, with one gamer noticing that the female characters have been animated with a camel toe. You can see the difference between the normal servers and the test server, above. Interesting.
PUBG's new female characters and their enhanced lady bits were noticed by character artist Liz Edwards, who is responsible for the comparison above. PUBG's community went into overdrive, seeing PlayerUnknown himself - Brendan Greene, replying on Twitter. Greene said:
After looking into this, it appears it came as part of the character model we received from an outsourcer when we first started the project. The file itself has not been changed in 2 years. It will be updated shortly with changes! Sorry for any offense caused!— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) December 11, 2017
What do you you think of the new female character in PUBG's new test server? Yay or nay?
One of our biggest stories of the month was the recent hack of NiceHash, where over $60 million in Bitcoin was stolen in a huge cryptocurrency heist (just without the masks and guns).
NiceHash has officially responded to WikiTribune, which broke the story last week. NiceHash CEO Marko Kobal had a lot to say, but the main takeaway from this is that NiceHash will be refunding each and every customer of their stolen BTC. Kobal said: "we are working on a solution to ensure all users are reimbursed. That is clearly a key concern for our users, and we understand this, we are not running away from our responsibilities. As soon as we have a plan in place we will update all users on our intended solution, and we're sorry for any inconvenience which has been caused".
WikiTribune also asked "What's the likelihood of the company covering more than $60m in losses? Are you able to compensate users?" to which Kobal replied: "We fully intend to make this right. It's a matter of deep concern to us and we're working hard to rectify the matter in the coming days. We're working on a solution to ensure that all users are reimbursed. These things are delicate matters, and take time, so we would ask our community to be patient while we get this fixed and fully investigated. As soon as we have a full plan in place we will communicate it to our users and all those affected".
NiceHash is aware they'll have to build miners' trust again, and with nearly 750,000 registered users that's going to be a big mountain to climb. But I have a question that wasn't asked, and I don't think will be answered: what about reimbursement of the money miners would've lost in the days after the hack. Some people are making hundreds, and even thousands per day - majorly affecting their mining operations.
NVIDIA announced its monstrous new $2999 graphics card a few days ago, with the new TITAN V being the first consumer-grade Volta-based graphics card released... but I've been itching to know how it mines cryptocurrency.
Thanks to BitsBeTripping, we now know just how good the new TITAN V is at mining cryptocurrency and its truly a beast. They put the new TITAN V through its paces, with a huge 77MH/s mining Ethereum when overclocked and just 213W of power consumed. Considering AMD's newish Radeon RX Vega 64 can be pushed up to around 43MH/s and with much more power consumption, the TITAN V is a freaking compute beast.
You would never, ever buy this card for cryptocurrency mining... but it doesn't hurt to see how much better the TITAN V is against its competitors. It's a nice benchmark to see, and 77MH/s is absolutely incredible for a single card. You'd need two Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics cards to get close to it (they do around 40MH/s with some overclocking and 43-44MH/s absolutely maxed out).
There has been a stream of fake news regarding AMD's next-gen Ryzen and new Ryzen 10 processors, but something that has been confirmed is that AMD is planning to launch their second-gen Ryzen CPUs in Q1 2018.
According to the latest roadmap from AMD we should expect Raven Ridge (Ryzen 3 mobile APU) in Q1 2018, a new chip that will be unveiled at an event before CES 2018 in the first week of January. AMD will also release their business-oriented Ryzen PRO mobile APUs in early 2018, while we'll see the second-gen Ryzen CPUs released somewhere in the March timeframe.
AMD can't name their new Ryzen processors 'Ryzen 2' as it would be beyond confusing with the current nomenclature of Ryzen 3/5/7, so we should expect the Ryzen 2000 series. This would allow AMD to push the Ryzen 7 2800X for example, something that would succeed the Ryzen 7 1800X that is currently the flagship Ryzen 7 processor.
We won't have long to wait, that's for sure... can you believe we're already on the doorstep of the second-generation Ryzen processors? Awesome times ahead.
Uber is currently under fire with investigations and lawsuits, the transportation company can now check one of their problems off their long list with a settlement being made with the Indian rape victim that was taking Uber to court on claims of improperly obtaining her medical records.
A court filing revealed the progress of the case and also the reason that Uber obtained the womans records was due to the company doubting accusations. Uber believed that the women was conspiring with Indian rival Ola to attack their business, in return Uber violated the womens privacy in order to discredit her case and claims.
Unfortunately with the data breach as well as these lawsuits Uber's reputation as a company is plummeting, new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi is on a mission to mend this and re-route the company back onto a stable path.
Outlast developer Red Barrel will be brining their franchise to the Nintendo Switch, promising a release window of Q1 2018. This was discovered on the Outlast Facebook page by a post that was made by The Red Barrel team, explaining that a DLC for Outlast 2 will not be released despite the many requests, on a positive note though, confirmation for the production of Outlast 3 has been made.
Red Barrel explain in their post that Outlast 2 was specifically designed to make players feel like "a rat in a maze, without any knowledge of what's outside the maze" meaning that there will not be DLC for Outlast 2 but instead Red Barrel "at some point, make an Outlast 3."
In the meantime of waiting for Outlast 3 Red Barrel gave a teaser to a new project the studio is working on, saying that they are "Currently we're working on something a lot of you have been asking for... It won't be a sequel to Outlast or Outlast 2, but it will be a distinct experience set in the Outlast universe. We can't say more right now, we first need to make sure we can make it work. Like I mentioned, we strive to be risk-takers and this one is a pretty big challenge. If all goes well, we'll soon be able to reveal more."
Since Elon Musks unveiled the design of his Semi Trucks many companies have already placed orders since reservations were opened on November 17th. Walmart and J.B Hunt were among some of the first companies to place orders and now another company has joined, placing a fleet order of 40 trucks.
Anheuser-Busch a brewing company based in St. Louis Missouri, has placed an order for 40 of Musks Semi Trucks, this large scale order is in efforts to help a reduction of the companies carbon footprint by 30% by 2025.
The $150,000 trucks may not be the only transportation used to move Anheuser-Busches products, reports of futuristic truck companies such as Otto and Nikola have been mentioned, as well as Otto's self-driving truck having already shipped 2,000 cases of Budweiser.
Celebrity information is quite abundant on the Internet but it's about to get a whole lot easier, Google will be adding a feature to mobile searches in the US that will allow celebrities to answer questions based off Google users searches. These questions will be answered in a selfie-style video and already have stars such as Will Ferrell, Seth MacFarlane and James Franco on board.
Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas, Tracee Ellis Ross, Mark Wahlberg, Dominique Ansel and Jonathan Yeo are also going to answering questions on launch, this may not be a lot of celebrities now but Google says that there will be more to come "in the next few months."
Having celebrities answering the most popular questions of them from Google Search means that anyone that specifically follows an actor/actress will now be swayed into using Google rather than Bing or FireFox. Effectively by doing this Google has brought the gap between everyday people and celebrities just that little bit more closer together, allowing for people to connect with their favorite celebrity across a convenient platform.
Justin Roiland, the creator of the hit series Rick and Morty has re-branded his VR studio name after a recent discovery that it was very similar to another studios name. Previously Squanchtendo, has now been changed to the convenient Squanch Games, this announcement was done through a classically amusing comic posted on the studios website.
Not only was the name change explained throughout the comic so was the founders of the studio, Tanya Watson co-founder of Squanch Games was a former Epic Games producer and has worked on large successful projects such as the Gears of War franchise and the popular Battle Royal shooter Fortnite. What was also found out through the comic was that Squanch Games has got announcements coming up and more specifically at this weeks Games Awards, which hints towards a very exciting new title announcement.
Fortnite is continuing to expand with a new milestone reached over the weekend, with 30 million players now enjoying the game and a huge 1.3 million concurrent players.
Epic Games' Senior Systems Designer, Eric Williamson, was mum on the specific numbers between the normal Fortnite and its PUBG-like Battle Royale game mode. Williamson said: "Battle Royale is free, so naturally more people will be inclined to play Battle Royale".