You know the world is changing when you've got politicians on both sides agreeing on something as large as the huge Robinhood + r/WallStreetBets + GameStop + AMC trade drama -- scandal -- explosion. I don't even know how to describe it anymore.
The previously super-popular trading app Robinhood halted trades -- even SELLING users GME stock without permission -- on the to-the-moon stocks of GameStop, AMC and other companies because of the huge swath of Redditors coming in from r/WallStreetBets and now all over the world. Their bets caused hedge funds to lose billions of dollars, while they made huge profits. It has already led to class action lawsuits.
Well, now we have Donald Trump Jr and Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez weighing in on the GameStop and Robinhood fiasco. AOC tweeted: "Gotta admit it's really something to see Wall Streeters with a long history of treating our economy as a casino complain about a message board of posters also treating the market as a casino".
Donald Trump Jr tweeted: "It took less than a day for big tech, big government and the corporate media to spring into action and begin colluding to protect their hedge fund buddies on Wall Street. This is what a rigged system looks like, folks! #RobinHood #RedditArmy #GME #GMEtothemoon".
- Read more: Robinhood app review bombed on Google Play Store after GME insanity
- Read more: Robinhood draws down credit lines with banks over WallStreetBets drama
- Read more: Robinhood hit with class action lawsuit over GME trade restrictions
But check out these tweets:
- Read more: Reddit made r/WallStreetBets private over GameStop stock, back now
- Read more: Discord shuts down /r/WallStreetBets server for 'hate speech' and more
- Read more: GameStop was the most traded equity today, beating Tesla and Apple
- Read more: Reddit is buckling under the pressure of GameStop stock madness
- Read more: This Redditor turned $755K into $48 million thanks to GameStop stock
- Read more: Why GameStop's stock has spiked 671% in a week
- Read more: Reddit trollers + Elon Musk pump GameStop share price to record highs
- > NEXT STORY: The Medium drops to just 900p on Xbox Series X, 648p on Xbox Series S
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Skyrim's 4K 60FPS mod trick won't work in Fallout 4, mod creator says