E3 2017 - Microsoft confirmed its new Project Scorpio is called Xbox One X, and will launch in November.
Microsoft's new high-end 4K ready Project Scorpio console is officially known as Xbox One X, and is coming on November 7. The company confirms that Xbox One X is the most powerful console ever made, but it's also the smaller Xbox ever made. The Xbox One X looks like a small, scaled down Xbox One S, and as we previously predicted, it's quite svelte and sleek.
As we previously announced, Xbox One X uses a Polaris-grade GPU at 1.17GHz and a highly customized 8-core Jaguar-based 2.73GHz CPU alongside 12GB of GDDR5 RAM. Xbox One X will support FreeSync 2, full native 4K support, and is completely compatible with all existing Xbox One games and accessories. Xbox One X will also play all Xbox 360 backward compatibility titles.
Pricing has yet to be revealed.
Check below for a huge list of everything we know about the console so far:
Project Scorpio confirmed specs
- SoC: Highly customized 360mm² AMD System-on-Chip built on 16nm FinFET
- GPU: Polaris-derived GPU with 40 Compute Units at 1172MHz, 6TFLOPs of Compute Performance
- CPU: Custom x86 "Jaguar Evolved" 8-core CPU at 2.73GHz, 4MB L2 cache
- Memory: 12GB GDDR5 memory with 326GB/s bandwidth (12x 6.8GHz modules on a 384-bit bus)
- Storage: 1TB 2.5-inch HDD
- Media: 4K UHD Blu-ray player
Project Scorpio coverage index
- Microsoft reveals why Ryzen isn't in Project Scorpio
- Project Scorpio's tuned power efficiency reduces heat
- Project Scorpio has Vega GPU architecture in its design
- Microsoft confirms Project Scorpio reveal for E3 2017
- Microsoft already planning beyond Project Scorpio
- Project Scorpio specs revealed in full
- Project Scorpio supports FreeSync, FreeSync 2, HDMI 2.1
- Project Scorpio devkit revealed
- Project Scorpio runs Forza 6 at native 4K60FPS Ultra at 88% GPU usage
- Project Scorpio has the power, now it needs games
- Project Scorpio only takes 1% perf hit with 4K assets
- Project Scorpio shouldn't cost $700, nor $399
- Can Project Scorpio's custom hard drive be swapped out?
- Project Scorpio has custom hard disk to load 4K textures
- DirectX 12 games will have advantage in Project Scorpio
- Project Scorpio could be a sleek compact powerhouse
- Project Scorpio devs have access to 8GB GDDR5 RAM
- Xbox Scorpio: the best display of AMD technology yet
- Project Scorpio will play all Xbox One games better
- Project Scorpio could challenge GTX 1070 and Fury X GPUs
- Project Scorpio rocks high-end vapor chamber cooler
- Project Scorpio hits 4K 60FPS in Forza 6
- Project Scorpio: 6 TFLOP Polaris GPU at 1173MHz, 2.73GHz Jaguar CPU, 12GB GDDR5 memory
- >> NEXT STORY: Assassin's Creed: Origins coming October 27, 2017
- << PREVIOUS STORY: BioWare's new Anthem is 'massively hugely ambitious'
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de