Battlefield leaker Tom Henderson has tweeted that the Battlefield Alpha "should be" dropping in July, with the announcement of the Alpha to take place during EA Play.
EA Play takes place a month after E3 2021, with EA Play kicking off on July 22 -- but Henderson notes that it could be an "Oh and the Battlefield Alpha is available to play right now" type of deal during the event. But my biggest question is, if Battlefield is in such good shape... this is awfully late for an Alpha of the game.
Another thing is that EA said in a blog post back in March, close to a full 3 months ago now, that Battlefield 6 was "tracking towards the franchise's earliest Alpha". EA Chief Studios Office Laura Miele said all the right buzzwords at the time, adding: "the gameplay is at an unprecedented scale, and we are taking full advantage of the technology in the next-gen consoles.
Miele continued: "The team has done an incredible job despite the challenges of working from home. We want to build on our position of strength, focus on the opportunity in front of us, and set our game makers up for success to deliver the best experience possible to our players this fall".
- Read more: Check out the first leaked screenshots from the new Battlefield
- Read more: Battlefield leaker on in-game graphics: 'it looks like a movie'
- Read more: DICE teases 'jaw-dropping experience' for new Battlefield, reveal soon
- Read more: All-new Battlefield game announced for smartphones, tablets for 2022
We are also not far from the reveal of the game, which should be any day now -- with recent news seeing EA announce the new Battlefield game coming to PC and next-gen consoles as well as a "jaw-dropping experience" for the new Battlefield for smartphones and tablets coming in 2022.
- > NEXT STORY: Techland is taking your Dying Light 2 questions for new info video
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Far Cry 6 devs holding Reddit AMA on June 1 to answer your questions