It was only just a couple of weeks ago that we heard that the new Battlefield would have natural disasters, with the introduction of tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and more.
In some new tweets from Battlefield leaker Tom Henderson, the hype engines for Battlefield continue to get fueled. In a reply to a tweet, Henderson said that dynamic weather is a "big part of the game" and that he thinks the upcoming teaser trailer for Battlefield will show this off in a "spectacular way".
We already knew that destruction in the new Battlefield was being taken to the next level with glimpses of entire unscripted skyscraper destruction quickly turning the hype knobs to 11, with EA CEO Andrew Wilson saying at the time: "The game takes full advantage of the power of next-generation platforms to bring massive immersive battles to life with more players than ever before. Featuring maps with unprecedented scale, the next edition of Battlefield takes all the destruction, player agency, vehicle and weapon combat that the franchise is known for and elevate it to another level".
- Read more: Battlefield 2021: firefights in the alps + explosions cause avalanches
- Read more: The next-gen Battlefield rumored to have a robotic dog you can control
- Read more: Battlefield 6 rumored to have unscripted skyscrapers destruction
- Read more: Battlefield could have natural disasters: tsunamis, earthquakes
- Read more: Battlefield 2021 set in 2025, has military robots, drones, and more
The team at DICE know what they're doing... and this is a tweet from the official Battlefield Twitter account from April 2, nearly 3 weeks ago now.
I mean, if there's one thing that the team at EA DICE have done with Battlefield is environmental and physical destruction, great weather effects, and the introduction of new graphics technologies. But the new Battlefield is taking things to the next level if all of these rumors are true.
- Read more: The new Battlefield rumored to launch on Xbox Game Pass on day one
- Read more: Battlefield 6 leaks: designed for over 128 players, 32v32 is standard
- Read more: Battlefield 6 has modern setting, could support up to 128 players
- Read more: EA to go all out with Battlefield 6, wants to prove itself in 2021
- > NEXT STORY: Xbox Series X/S consoles receive AMD FidelityFX technology support
- < PREVIOUS STORY: We are a 'week or two away' from the first Battlefield teaser trailer