We're being told to expect some next-gen destruction and natural disasters that include earthquakes and tsunamis -- but what about gigantic avalanches after a firefight in the alps? Yeah, that sounds awesome.
Battlefield leaker Tom Henderson teased the news on his Twitter, saying: "Imagine you're fighting in the alps and a massive explosion causes a giant avalanche #BATTLEFIELD". He noted in a follow-up tweet that the 'splosions and avalanches won't be featured in the trailer for Battlefield when it drops.
EA will only be showing off the Tanegashima Space Center in the Battlefield trailer, with Henderson noting that the team will show off "what it needs to show off before June". Alrighty, hype meter is being set for a big reveal -- well, very, very damn soon by the looks of things.
- Read more: The next-gen Battlefield rumored to have a robotic dog you can control
- Read more: Battlefield 6 rumored to have unscripted skyscrapers destruction
- Read more: Battlefield could have natural disasters: tsunamis, earthquakes
- Read more: Battlefield 2021 set in 2025, has military robots, drones, and more
With this news it seems that some of those huge disasters that have been teased for the new Battlefield game aren't set off randomly by the game, but players can trigger these events -- a firefight in the alps with a massive explosion will cause an avalanche below which will be a game-changer for Battlefield.
- Read more: The new Battlefield rumored to launch on Xbox Game Pass on day one
- Read more: Battlefield 6 leaks: designed for over 128 players, 32v32 is standard
- Read more: Battlefield 6 has modern setting, could support up to 128 players
- Read more: EA to go all out with Battlefield 6, wants to prove itself in 2021
- > NEXT STORY: U.S. games market accelerates to new 13-year high
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Baldur's Gate remaster publisher Beamdog is developing a new IP