UPDATE: Nintendo has announced that it will reveal Switch pricing, specs, and more during a special presentation on January 12, 2017.
Nintendo has also confirmed that the Switch will have special hands-on preview events for the public and media across the United States and Europe:
"Kimishima also announced that Nintendo Switch sampling events for invited media, partners, and consumers will take place in the U.S. and Europe after the presentation at later dates. There will be opportunities for the public to participate in other hands-on events around the same time, details of which will be announced later," reads the press release announcement.
Original story is as follows.
Nintendo may allow consumers to try out its new Switch console-handheld hybrid before it launches in March 2017.
Nintendo will apparently set up in-store hands-on demos of its new Switch console sometime in the future. According to Wall Street Journal's Takashi Mochizuki, who attended Nintendo's latest investor relations meeting in Japan, Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima suggested that consumers and gamers would be given ample time to get acquainted with the new hardware before its made available on store shelves.
Oh, also Nintendo chief suggessted there would be some occasions that consumers can actually test play Switch before launch. Good!— Takashi Mochizuki (@mochi_wsj) October 26, 2016
Nintendo also announced that it expects to sell at least 2 million Switch consoles by the end of FY16, which coincides with the Switch's launch in March 2017.
As Nintendo has confirmed it won't reveal Switch pricing until 2017, that means it will have up to only three months to accrue 2 million sales via pre-orders and launch day sales--a feat that analysts say will be impossible unless the Switch launches in late March.
Check below for a massive list of everything we know about the Switch so far, including specifications, battery life, expectations and more.
Everything we know about Nintendo Switch so far:
- Everything you need to know about the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo's new transforming handheld console hybrid
- Nintendo to reveal Switch pricing, specs, launch games and more on January 12, 2017
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics and features are subject to change
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch to launch only as complete bundle
- Nintendo expect 2 million Switch console sales at launch
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- Nintendo Switch isn't backward compatible with Wii U games
- Nintendo Switch's battery may only last 3 hours
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch console specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch gets a much-needed splash of color
- Nintendo's new Switch console powered by NVIDIA Tegra
- Nintendo Switch may sport dedicated game video recording
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- >> NEXT STORY: LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Nintendo expect 2 million Switch console sales at launch
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de