I'm sure you've heard by now, but Elon Musk is no longer buying Twitter... after a huge kerfuffle over the world's second-largest social networking site, Twitter is now suing Elon Musk.
Twitter has lawyered up, hiring Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz LLP to sue Elon Musk after the SpaceX and Tesla CEO pulled out of the $44 billion acquisition deal. The news is coming from Bloomberg, which is reporting that the social networking giant will file its lawsuit early this week, while Musk has secured Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP (which is the firm that successfully defended Musk against an ongoing shareholder lawsuit after a failed attempt to take Tesla private in 2018).
Twitter stock isn't doing well, where a week ago it was sitting at the $38 to $39 mark, but has dropped to $36 recently... we'll see how this week goes for the company, and I'm sure it's not going to go down well at all. I'm sure all those nasty "right-wing" and "alt-right" peeps around the world will get blamed, somehow.
- Read more: President Trump says he won't return to Twitter, as Elon Musk buys it
- Read more: Elon Musk says he'd vote Ron DeSantis for US president in 2024
- Read more: Elon Musk has Twitter by the (blue) balls, could cancel acquisition
- Read more: Marc Andreessen: Elon Musk has 'shadow crew of misfits egging' him on
I've got some more stories involving Elon Musk and his Twitter acquisition, where we knew it wouldn't move forward weeks ago. Twitter staff were having full-on meltdowns, and then Project Veritas were interviewing people who insulted Musk and his Aspergers.
If you want to check those stories out, give them a click below:
- Read more: Elon Musk: Twitter deal 'cannot move forward', here's why
- Read more: Twitter legal called Elon Musk, complained he violated his NDA
- Read more: Twitter deal paused: Elon Musk wants to evaluate spam, bots
- Read more: Twitter exec that laughed at Elon Musk + 'Asperger's' SPRINTS away
- Read more: Twitter exec: Elon Musk 'mentally handicapped', insults his Asperger's
- Read more: Twitter's Senior Engineer says Twitter staff are 'commie as f**k'
- > NEXT STORY: NVIDIA DLSS tech is now featured in over 200 games and applications
- < PREVIOUS STORY: New Robocop first-person shooter is gritty homage to the 80s classic