It was only a few hours ago that SpaceX announced its new DOGE-1 Mission to the Moon... yes, Dogecoin is going to the Moon and now SpaceX and Tesla founder -- and recent SNL host -- Elon Musk is tweeting about it.
Musk tweeted just minutes ago that "SpaceX launching satellite Doge-1 to the moon next year", he added that there are 3 firsts that the Doge-1 mission will do:
- Mission paid for in Doge
- 1st crypto in space
- 1st meme in space
He of course follows it up with "To the mooooonnn!!" and then embeds the Dogecoin Song - To the Moon from YouTube like the troll he is. Dogecoin trading volume skyrocketed instantly, as well as the price of Dogecoin which climbed from $0.54 to $0.59 within 10 minutes.
DOGE-1 will skyrocket towards the moon in Q1 2022 on the back of a SpaceX Falcon 9 lunar payload mission, with a 40kg cubesat attached. The payload will obtain lunar-spatial intelligence from sensors and cameras on-board with integrated communications and computational systems.
- Read more: Uh, so Newegg now accepts Dogecoin as a payment option
- Read more: Elon Musk: SpaceX to put 'literal Dogecoin on the literal moon'
- Read more: Elon Musk moons Dogecoin, calls it the 'people's crypto'
- Read more: Elon Musk said economy on Mars will run on cryptocurrency, Dogecoin?
- Read more: Elon Musk official title changed, he's now the 'Technoking of Tesla'
- > NEXT STORY: Apple working on 'portable hybrid console': enhanced GPU + ray tracing
- < PREVIOUS STORY: The Division gets F2P spinoff, may eventually follow Warzone model