It's not like Robinhood wasn't already knee-deep in a pile of DOGE sh*t, the company is piling on -- making changes where it has made Instant Deposits "temporarily unavailable for crypto purchases".
The company emails that this means you "won't be able to buy crypto with funds from a deposit until it settles (which can take up to 5 business days to complete). Your Crypto Buying Power will also not reflect your deposit until it settles". So if you've been trying to use Instant Deposits for the last couple of hours and couldn't figure out why -- now you do.
But never fear! If you are a Gold customer, Robinhood has your back as "you will still be able to use Instant Deposits to crypto purchases". The tweets from 'Doopie' who added that "I hear they're also limiting stocks tomorrow, so like 5 shares max for specific stocks which in guessing will be the big ones. GME, NOK, BB, etc".
We need to wait a few more hours to see how Robinhood goes in terms of limiting the purchases of key volatile stock, so I'll update you as that happens.
- Read more: Robinhood hit with class action lawsuit over GME trade restrictions
- Read more: Reddit made r/WallStreetBets private over GameStop stock, back now
- Read more: Discord shuts down /r/WallStreetBets server for 'hate speech' and more
- Read more: GameStop was the most traded equity today, beating Tesla and Apple
- Read more: Reddit is buckling under the pressure of GameStop stock madness
- Read more: This Redditor turned $755K into $48 million thanks to GameStop stock
- Read more: Why GameStop's stock has spiked 671% in a week
- Read more: Reddit trollers + Elon Musk pump GameStop share price to record highs
- > NEXT STORY: Hitman 3's massive success will help fund IO's new 007 Bond game
- < PREVIOUS STORY: The Division 2 getting 4K 60FPS patch for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S