Sony Korea has just confirmed that a new PlayStation 4 model will be unveiled during the company's PlayStation Meeting on September 7.
While we pretty much knew it was happening, Sony has now officially confirmed that the release date and price for a new PlayStation 4 console will be unveiled on September 7. While the Sony Korea blog post didn't explicitly say the words "Neo" or "Slim," Sony officially confirmed the existence of the high-end PS4 "Neo" console before E3 2016, and the Japanese console-maker is expected to announce the PS4 "Neo's"pricing and release date info during the meeting, which starts on Wednesday, September 7 at 3PM EST.
According to past evidence, leaks, and reports, Sony's high-end PS4 "Neo" will feature an upgraded GPU possibly based on AMD's new Polaris graphics architecture to enable native 1080p 60FPS gaming, upscaled 4K resolution gaming, and enhanced VR support. An alleged worker at a Foxconn manufacturing facility has sketched out a rough draft of the PS4 "Neo", possibly revealing key features of the console's design.
Sony will livestream the PlayStation Meeting event, and we'll be sure to keep you updated with an embedded stream so you can watch at home.
Check below for a massive list of everything we know about Sony's new PS4 Neo, but remember a good portion of this coverage is based on leaks, reports, rumors and other unverified information:
Everything we know so far about the PlayStation 4K:
- CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6GHz
- GPU: AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800MHz (equivalent to Radeon HD 7850)
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s
PS4 NEO / PS4K
- CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1GHz
- GPU: Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911MHz (possibly built on heavily customized Polaris10 Ellesmere?)
- Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s
- PS4 Neo priced at $450, says inside source
- PS4 Neo design allegedly leaked by Foxconn worker
- PlayStation Neo sketched by Foxconn worker
- Sony's new PlayStation 4K costs $439, coming in October, says Amazon
- Leaked PS4 Neo slides from Sony reveal specs, 4K upscaling strategies
- PS4 Slim coming alongside PS4 Neo, reports claim
- PS4K is a PS4, won't shorten original console's life-cycle, says Sony
- Sony won't reveal PlayStation 4K at Gamescom, maybe at Tokyo Game Show
- Sony officially confirms new 4K-ready PlayStation 4K console
- PS4.5 would play Ultra HD Blu-ray, as well as 4K gaming and VR
- Sony's new PS4 sports 4K upscaling, upgraded CPU, GPU and RAM
- PlayStation 4K will launch before October 2016, says French wholesaler
- New PS4K info coming at TGS 2016, console reveal at Paris Games Week
- PlayStation 4K: Everything you need to know
- Sony's PlayStation Neo won't have exclusive games, shares PS4 library
- Could the PS4K be responsible for Sony's huge PS4 sales forecast?
- Sony's new PlayStation Neo is pissing off lots of developers
- PlayStation Neo games required to run at native 1080p minimum
- > NEXT STORY: New PS4 Slim features shrunken 16nm APU
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Batman: The Telltale Series second episode hits Sep 20