Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued
MSI uses two Realtek ALC1220 120dB SNR audio codecs with integrated headphone amplifiers, one for the rear IO and one for the front panel HD audio header. To improve audio, MSI uses an ESS SABRE ES9018K2M DAC to convert digital signals to analog and an ESS SABRE 9602Q headphone amplifier for the 3.5mm jack. WIMA film capacitors and NIPPON CHEMICON electrolytic audio capacitors are used to improve audio quality. The motherboard has one of the most loaded onboard audio solutions of any Z370 motherboard.
The motherboard uses three e2500 Killer NICs from Rivet networks. The three NICs and the Killer 1535 Wireless-AC card produce a technology called Killer xTend. The motherboard acts as both a WIFI signal booster and a network switch. The built-in amplifier in the WIFI card allows it to receive a wireless signal from your router and then extend its range to other devices. You can also use either a wired or wireless NIC to connect to your main router, and then distribute that signal through the other NICs.
You could connect wirelessly to the main router and then provide signals to devices such as an Xbox, a NAS, or even a printer. Then you have Killer's redesigned software to prioritize your computers' bandwidth over that of the connected devices. I should also note that those five ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches switch around x4 PCI-E 3.0 between one of the Killer NICs and other devices such as the last x16 slot and one of the M.2 slots.
An ASMedia ASM3142 is used to provide the internal type-C header with USB 3.1 capabilities, but it also uses an ASM1543 as a type-C switch/CC logic chip and then two Pericom PI3EQX re-drive the USB 3.1 signal. We get another ASM3142 and ASM1543 at the rear IO panel where we have two USB 3.1 ports.
An ASMedia ASM1074 USB 3.0 hub is used to expand rear USB 3.0 from one port to 4. An IDT6V41606B clock generator improved BCLK clocking.
The nuvoTon NCT6795D Super IO manages monitoring, some fan control, and the PS/2 port. We also find multiple NCT5605Y and NCT7802Y which are hardware monitors and fan controls that provide the expanded fan and monitoring capabilities.
There are more than just a few of these ASMedia ASM1464 USB 3.0 re-drivers to improve USB 3.0 signaling around the motherboard. The chip labeled "104GFA" is most likely a microcontroller used for the digital RGB header and built-in RGB LEDs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Darksiders III - Accolades Trailer released
- NierR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition details soon
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition looks SLICK, sports 10GB of RAM
- GIGABYTE's new Z390 AORUS Xtreme Waterforce board looks BOSS
- China is not #1: bans Fortnite, PUBG, and other games
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019