Intel's new Arc desktop GPUs are only just launching now... at least as an exclusive in China... but we're already seeing the first whispers of a new Intel desktop workstation GPU.
A new "Intel Arc Pro" graphics card has been spotted on the South Korean National Radio Research Agency (RRA), where the certification for Intel's new Arc Pro GPU is listed with certification number "RR-CPU-DG2IPC" on June 22, 2022 -- today.
Intel has changed its Arc GPU roadmap a bit over the last 6 months, but it did have Arc mobile GPUs in notebooks in Q1 2022 -- promised Arc desktop GPUs in Q1 2022, then Q2 2022 and barely made it with an exclusive, super-limited launch in China -- with Arc workstation GPUs teased for Q3 2022.
- Read more: Intel Arc A380 desktop GPU benched: gets its ass kicked, not surprised
- Read more: Intel changes Arc A380 memory specs: down from 16Gbps to 15.5Gbps
- Read more: The first custom Intel Arc A380 desktop GPU listed in China for $595
- Read more: GUNNIR Arc A380 Photon: the world's first custom Arc desktop GPU
The new Intel Arc A380 desktop GPU is faster than the Radeon RX 6500 XT + RX 6400 in synthetic 3DMark testing, but loses to the GeForce RTX 3050. But in gaming tests, Intel gets its ass kicked all over the place against NVIDIA and AMD's low-end graphics cards. There's some more on that above, and some charts on that below:
- Read more: Intel confirms Arc Alchemist desktop GPU is China exclusive at launch
- Read more: Intel Arc Alchemist delayed AGAIN, drivers blamed: mid-summer release
- Read more: Intel Arc Alchemist desktop GPUs reportedly delayed, disappointment
- Read more: Sigh: Intel delays Arc A-Series GPUs for laptops, don't be surprised
- Read more: Intel GPU launch is a mess, partners aren't happy with mismanagement
I wouldn't be waiting for this to be in concrete, especially if they're passing certification now, with delays for days at Team Blue when it comes to Arc GPUs.
I guess we'll see how this goes in a few months' time...
- > NEXT STORY: Square Enix wants to make NFTs that 'emphasize world view and story'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Final Fantasy XVI won't have any loading times, Yoshi-P says