When asked how the NX will stack up against Microsoft's new powerful Xbox Scorpio and Sony's new PlayStation 4K, Reggie Fils-Aime said: "You know for us, it's not about specs, it's not about teraflops, it's not about the horsepower of a particular system; for us, it's about the content. Nintendo is a content-focused company. We create entertainment that makes people smile. So for us, we're focused on bringing our best entertainment to both the Wii U as well as the NX in the future," Nintendo exec Reggie Fils-Aime said in an interview with Bloomberg West.
Fils-Aime's responses are particularly interesting because we have it on good authority that the Nintendo NX will be powered by NVIDIA's new powerful Pascal-based Tegra chip rather than an AMD APU. This would open up the doors for some impressive performance boosts across the board. But on the other hand, we've also heard the NX's power is comparable to an Xbox One and won't "blow away current consoles."
Nintendo is expected to announce key NX details at the end of 2016: "We decided to focus on Zelda [at E3 2016]," says the CEO of Nintendo Canada, Pierre-Paul Trepanier, in a recent interview with La Presse. "We'll talk about the NX by the end of the year. At that time, it will be 100% NX. There, it is 100% Zelda."
Nintendo has confirmed the NX will launch in March 2017 with the insanely popular new Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Check below for a run-down of everything we know about the Nintendo NX so far.
Everything we know about the Nintendo NX so far:
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Nintendo NX will powered by an NVIDIA Tegra processor, not an AMD chip
- The NX is rumored to feature gaming at 900p 60FPS with 4K video support
- The NX is rumored to use AMD's new 14nm Polaris GPU
- Devs claim the NX is incredibly easy to develop games for
- The NX won't have a disc drive, games will be on cartridges
- The console will also have a portable Wii U-like controller that allows gaming on-the-go somewhat like a 3DS
- The NX will support Frostbite, Unreal Engine 4 and Unity
- Nintendo's new console will also interact with smartphones and PCs as well as existing Nintendo hardware like the Wii U and 3DS handheld
- >> NEXT STORY: Death Stranding will transcend established genres, Kojima says
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Project Scorpio won't run all current Xbox One games at 1080p 60FPS
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de