Inside the Flick 2
Two screws under the rear foot need to be removed so that the mouse can be taken apart. Once done, we have no cables to deal with, as everything is contained on a single PCB in the lower section.
Under the left click button of the Flick 2, we find a Blue Omron switch capable of fifty million clicks. Behind it is the TTC switch used for the scroll motion of the wheel, and just in front of it is the LED that illuminates the Fnatic logo.
Keeping the color the same, with a similar click reported from use, with less pressure needed than the Omrons, Fnatic opted for Blue iB switches for the pair of buttons on the side of the mouse, as well as the one that backs the CPI selector button.
As we saw in the Clutch 2, we see the same PMW3360 sensor from PixArt, with the job of tracking any and all movements. This Optical sensor is capable of up to 12,000 CPI speed and is plenty of sensor for most users to get comfortable with.
The MCU is an NXP Semiconductors LPC11U37F/501. It is an ARM Cortex-M0 processor, it is 32-bit, and operates at 50MHz. Used also in the Clutch 2 with similar features, it has proven to be more than enough for these mice.
Moving now to what is found under the right click button, we find another Blue Omron switch. This time, we can see the part number, where these are designated as D2FC-F-K(50M), which means they are good for a fifty-million click lifespan.
Once all back together, we could plug in the Flick 2 and see what happens. We have set the CPI to level three, which is indicated by the trio of white lights along the body line, above the buttons on the left side. The logo on the left side is green now but is cycling through all of the colors, and this is also what we found in the center of the scroll wheel.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher 4 may be CD Projekt RED's next game
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today