Inside the Flick 2
Two screws under the rear foot need to be removed so that the mouse can be taken apart. Once done, we have no cables to deal with, as everything is contained on a single PCB in the lower section.
Under the left click button of the Flick 2, we find a Blue Omron switch capable of fifty million clicks. Behind it is the TTC switch used for the scroll motion of the wheel, and just in front of it is the LED that illuminates the Fnatic logo.
Keeping the color the same, with a similar click reported from use, with less pressure needed than the Omrons, Fnatic opted for Blue iB switches for the pair of buttons on the side of the mouse, as well as the one that backs the CPI selector button.
As we saw in the Clutch 2, we see the same PMW3360 sensor from PixArt, with the job of tracking any and all movements. This Optical sensor is capable of up to 12,000 CPI speed and is plenty of sensor for most users to get comfortable with.
The MCU is an NXP Semiconductors LPC11U37F/501. It is an ARM Cortex-M0 processor, it is 32-bit, and operates at 50MHz. Used also in the Clutch 2 with similar features, it has proven to be more than enough for these mice.
Moving now to what is found under the right click button, we find another Blue Omron switch. This time, we can see the part number, where these are designated as D2FC-F-K(50M), which means they are good for a fifty-million click lifespan.
Once all back together, we could plug in the Flick 2 and see what happens. We have set the CPI to level three, which is indicated by the trio of white lights along the body line, above the buttons on the left side. The logo on the left side is green now but is cycling through all of the colors, and this is also what we found in the center of the scroll wheel.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fnatic Flick 2 Pro Gaming Esports Mouse (Pixart Optical Sensor with 12,000 CPI, 6 Buttons, Mechanical Mouse Switches, Multi-Color RGB Backlit, Ambidextrous) - Black retails for $59.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Fnatic FLICK 2 Pro Gaming esports Mouse (Pixart Optical Sensor with 12,000 CPI, 6 Buttons, Mechanical Mouse Switches, Multi-Color RGB Backlit, Ambidextrous) - Black retails for £39.99 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wants to 'nuke Mars', DOOM dev will lend him the BFG 10000
- Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion reborn in Skyrim's engine, looks enchanting
- Dragon Age 4 is the 'definitive Dragon Age experience,' producer says
- Authorized antivirus & security keys + Windows 10 Pro for under $12
- BioWare loses another veteran Mass Effect and Dragon Age developer
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director