It's been a couple of hot weeks of rumors and news about Intel's new Arc Alchemist family of GPUs, with Tom @ Moore's Law is Dead has unveiled new details about the Intel DG2-128EU GPU.
We should see Intel's new DG2-128EU GPU in desktop form with the Arc Alchemist, so expect 6GB of GDDR6 memory and a 96-bit memory bus. This beats out previous rumors of a 64-bit memory bus, but Tom also notes that we could see a 4GB GDDR6 variant, as well as a 64-bit mobile Arc Alchemist SKU in the future.
Tom expects the DG2-128EU GPU will have GPU clocks of between 2.2GHz and 2.5GHz, with a 75W TDP while Tom "can't promise they won't overclock it for desktop like Navi 24, but so far everything is low power". With the notes on power consumption, Tom continues: "with such low power, and 6GB of VRAM instead of 8GB, this thing can cost $179 or less with decent margins".
- Read more: Say hello to the Intel Arc Alchemist flagship graphics card, for real
- Read more: Intel Arc Alchemist pricing: 'premium' GPU could cost $800 or so
- Read more: Intel Arc Alchemist reference card teased, Team Blue shaping up well
- Read more: Intel Arc Alchemist aXXX, Battlemage bXXX, Celestial cXXX naming tease
Intel is expected to launch a family of new Arc Alchemist GPUs with the Arc a700/a512, Arc a500/a384, and Arc a300/a128. The new 512EU, 384EU, and 128EU variants should arrive in the middle of 6 other Arc Alchemist GPU variants: 448EU, 256EU, and 96EU that would join the other Xe-based GPUs in 2022 and beyond.
- Read more: Intel ARC Alchemist high-end GPU: 16GB of GDDR6, 8+6-pin PCIe power
- Read more: Intel ARC Alchemist battles RTX 3070, RX 6700 XT in new leaked slides
- Read more: Intel Alchemist character revealed, Xe-HPG gaming GPU gets a mascot
- Read more: Intel ARC Alchemist: perf close to RTX 3060, but things will change
- > NEXT STORY: Sony now has 15-year exclusivity on making PS5 case shell panels
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Battlefield 2042 becomes one of the worst reviewed games on Steam