Warner Bros Interactive has partnered with dev IO Interactive to publish future Hitman games, and release a new definitive edition of 2015's Hitman title.
Following its break-up with Square Enix, IO Interactive had been searching for a new partner to ensure the Hitman series' future could live on through publisher funding. Fast forwarding to today sees Shadow of War publisher WB Interactive stepping in to team up with IO Interactive, and the first step is to re-release an all-in-on version of the most recent Hitman game.
"We're super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on HITMAN and together releasing the HITMAN: Definitive Edition to new players," said Hakan Abrak, CEO IO Interactive. "Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we're good at, making games."
Abrak has also confirmed that IO Interactive is working on a new Hitman game and more info should be revealed this year, probably at E3 2018. It's also possible the team is still working on their brand new IP but it remains to be seen if the Square Enix split affected these plans or not.
The HITMAN: Definitive Edition will include the following content and will release May 15, 2018 on PS4 and Xbox One.
- IO Interactive's 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle - Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMAN Season One (Main Game) - Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMAN Game of the Year Edition Content - Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year Edition digital release
- HITMAN Summer Bonus Episode - Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN: Blood Money Requiem Pack - Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN Season One and the HITMAN Game of the Year Edition