DICE's renowned Battlefield game franchise is crossing over into the real-world with its own TV show series adaptation.
On the heels of Battlefield 1's massively popular reveal trailer and the huge buzz surrounding the World War 1 shooter's alpha test, the time is ripe for a Battlefield TV show. DICE announced the news in a recent blog post, confirming the Battlefield television series would come to "television programming across broadcast, premium cable, cable and online audiences." Paramount's partner, Anonymous Content, has a tremendous track record with Mr. Robot, whose second season premieres this week.
"Paramount TV actively seeks smart content from all sectors that will resonate with audiences and translate to compelling programming," said Amy Powell, President, Paramount TV. "EA's Battlefield has an incredibly dynamic narrative, coupled with a loyal fan base, which will allow us to bring this exciting and unique property to the small screen. We look forward to working with EA and Anonymous Content and thank Michael Sugar for his tenacity in bringing us this exciting project."
"Battlefield has a tremendous built-in, engaged fan base, making it a highly coveted piece of IP primed for long-form adaptation," said Michael Sugar, partner, Anonymous Content. "Together with EA and Paramount TV, we'll develop the Battlefield TV series with the same commitment to robust storytelling that has made the game such a runaway success for nearly fifteen years."
We're not sure what period the Battlefield TV show will take place in, but the series definitely has a huge smorgasbord of source material to choose from. If the show tied into the WW1 theme with Battlefield 1 that could ensure continued engagement for the game well past its October release.
Battlefield 1 releases on October 21, 2016 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Check below for a full list of everything we know about the game so far:
Everything we know about Battlefield 1 so far:
- E3 2016: Battlefield 1 multiplayer hands-on impressions
- Battlefield 1 closed alpha is officially happening
- Battlefield 1's customization options detailed, with lots to tweak
- Battlefield 1 maps detailed, weather system changes gameplay elements
- Battlefield 1 features new Operations mode
- Battlefield 1 leaves out the French at launch, will come later in DLC
- Battlefield 1 will again feature Community Test Environment
- Battlefield 1 will feature world-breaking 64-player PVP multiplayer, along with new weapons, maps and more
- EA confirms Battlefield 1 will have 'micro-monetization' options
- Server browser confirmed for Battlefield 1
- Battlefield 1's campaign will 'delve into the unknowns of WW1'
- Battlefield 1 'rooted in history', not based on alternate WW1 timeline
- Battlefield 1 confirmed digital only on PC, but not everywhere
- Battlefield 1 campaign might only have six missions
- The WW1 shooter has Bad Company 2-style destruction, no auto-aim, and dedicated vehicle classes
- DICE's WW1 shooter is coming first to Xbox One and PC via Origin Access
- Battlefield 1 will have an open beta, and here's how to sign-up
- Pre-orders on Origin and Xbox LIVE are 10% off, grant early access to DLC and $80 Early Enlister Edition grants 3 days early access