Battlefield 1 has pretty much redefined expectations from the franchise, and DICE has been busy talking the new WW1 up...but it looks like the campaign will be really short this time around.
According to leaks sourced by Twitter user txt231, Battlefield 1's World War I-themed campaign will only be six missions long. The leak was further solidified by the game's apparent achievement list, which lists half a dozen missions. Battlefield 1's campaign will shift perspectives across different world powers in WW1, from Arabs charging into battle on horseback to Germans flying high ontop of zeppelins. Below is the supposed list of the missions and their names:
- Friends in High Places
- Nothing is Written
- Through Mud and Blood
- Avanti Savoia!
- The Runner
I had such high hopes for Battlefield 1's campaign, especially since the game will focus on more than one protagonist team at a time. I hope that there's more than just six missions in the singleplayer campaign, or maybe each chapter has multiple parts/sequences to complete. Condensing the massive world-breaking struggle that is WW1 into six missions would be insanely difficult, and I don't think it'd be enough space to tell a proper story.
Battlefield 1 is slated to release on October 29, 2016 across PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Here's everything we know about the game so far:
- Battlefield 1 will feature world-breaking 64-player PVP multiplayer, along with new weapons, maps and more
- The WW1 shooter has Bad Company 2-style destruction, no auto-aim, and dedicated vehicle classes
- DICE's WW1 shooter is coming first to Xbox One and PC via Origin Access
- Battlefield 1 will have an open beta, and here's how to sign-up
- Pre-orders on Origin and Xbox LIVE are 10% off, grant early access to DLC and $80 Early Enlister Edition grants 3 days early access
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:03 am CDT
- >> NEXT STORY: Would it be good to win a 'Good Dinosaur' Blu-ray? Well, you can!
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Battlefield 1 is dominating COD: Infinite Warfare on YouTube