Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS has really ramped up their SupremeFX audio to new levels. To complement the Realtek codec, ASUS added a separate DAC to handle the outputs, an ES9023P featuring SABRE technology, it supports 112dB DNR. The DAC is provided its own 40MHz oscillator, and Nichicon Gold series electrolytic capacitors are used for the audio. A "Sonic Sense Amp" is used to detect the output impedance of your headphones and adjusts the gain, ASUS says it supports up to 600ohm. A separate RC4580 is an operational amplifier used to power your headphones. A NEC relay is used to avoid the popping during system startup, but it does make an audible clicking sound, but don't worry that is normal.
Intel's i219v is used as the PHY for the integrated GBit LAN from the PCH. ASUS is using an ASMedia ASM1142 which takes in two PCI-E ports and outputs USB 3.1. An EtronTech EJ179V is a USB 3.1 type-C switch with logic control which can handle signals from external power sources.
An IDT6V41538NLG is used as a secondary clock generator to provide much higher BLCK margins than the clock generator Intel provides. An ASMedia ASM1061 is used to provide two SATA6Gb/s ports.
The integrated graphics in the CPU only provides digital display output, so a level shifter (ASM1442K) is needed for the HDMI port on the back. ASUS is using a Winbond 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROM and the little chip that says BIOS on it is most likely a secondary embedded controller or used for the USB BIOS Flashback.
The main SuperIO is a nuvoTon NCT6793D it provides fan control, voltage and temperature monitoring, and the PS/2 port on the backpanel. ASUS's TPU IC provides embedded controller functions for overclocking.
A single ASMedia 1480 (PCI-E 3.0 quick switch) switches bandwidth between the PCI-E 4x slot and the two 1x slots discussed earlier. Four other ASM1480s switch 8x of bandwidth between the first and second PCI-E 16x slots for SLI/CrossFireX.
There are two other ROG labeled ICs, and they probably are extra ICs for USB BIOS Flashback and overclocking.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero retails for $239 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Maximus VIII Hero]
- Page 3 [Maximus VIII Hero Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Maximus VIII Hero Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay, Corrupted Monk Boss
- Officially licenced wireless GameCube controllers announced
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam