Lenovo is a brand that is becoming more and more known throughout the consumer world, as they are better positioning themselves against the South Korean electronics giants in LG and Samsung, as well as the US giants like Apple and Google.
It was only recently that Lenovo acquired Motorola Mobility, the division of Motorola that makes handsets, but we're still not seeing the fruits of that $2.9 billion labor. We will in the coming years, but for now, Lenovo has its own interesting devices to sell to the world, in the form of their growing Yoga range of devices.
The Yoga range of devices spans multiple Ultrabooks and tablets, and as a big fan and user of the Yoga 2 Pro Ultrabook, I was excited to see the design win of the Yoga Tablet 2 (10-inch). This is what we have here today, the 10-inch version of Lenovo's Yoga Tablet 2, powered by Intel's Atom processor. Let's dive right into the specifications of this tablet, and see what makes it tick, inside and out.
Lenovo has a tight partnership with Intel, so the company leveraged this with the Yoga Tablet 2 using Intel's Atom Z3745 processor. This is a quad-core processor with a base clock of 1.33GHz, and Burst clock of up to 1.86GHz, all while consuming less than 2W of power. The Atom Z3745 chip has Intel HD Graphics, with a Base clock of 311MHz, and Burst clock of up to 778MHz.
The Atom Z3745 processor is 64-bit capable, has 2MB of L2 cache, is built on Intel's 22nm technology and supports up to 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM. We have 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB of on-board NAND storage, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, two 1.5W Dolby audio front-facing stereo speakers, a 10.1-inch 1920x1200 IPS-based multi-touchscreen, and Android 4.4 KitKat inside.
There's also a microUSB port for charging and syncing the tablet, an audio jack for headphones or speaker out, and micro SD card support for storage. We also have an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, backed up by a 1.6-megapixel front-facing snapper.
Availability & Price
Lenovo sells the Yoga Tablet 2 10-inch starting from $269.99 on its website, and the same $269.99 price applies on Amazon, too. As for availability, Lenovo's website states 1-3 business days at the time of writing, so I don't see you having a problem acquiring one at all.
PRICING: You can find the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 (10-inch) Android Tablet for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 (10-inch) Android Tablet retails for $282 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Key Features & Four Ways to Use Your Tablet]
- Page 3 [Build Quality & How It Feels]
- Page 4 [Display & Software]
- Page 5 [Performance, Camera, Battery Life & Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Camera Samples]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ