Lenovo is a brand that is becoming more and more known throughout the consumer world, as they are better positioning themselves against the South Korean electronics giants in LG and Samsung, as well as the US giants like Apple and Google.
It was only recently that Lenovo acquired Motorola Mobility, the division of Motorola that makes handsets, but we're still not seeing the fruits of that $2.9 billion labor. We will in the coming years, but for now, Lenovo has its own interesting devices to sell to the world, in the form of their growing Yoga range of devices.
The Yoga range of devices spans multiple Ultrabooks and tablets, and as a big fan and user of the Yoga 2 Pro Ultrabook, I was excited to see the design win of the Yoga Tablet 2 (10-inch). This is what we have here today, the 10-inch version of Lenovo's Yoga Tablet 2, powered by Intel's Atom processor. Let's dive right into the specifications of this tablet, and see what makes it tick, inside and out.
Lenovo has a tight partnership with Intel, so the company leveraged this with the Yoga Tablet 2 using Intel's Atom Z3745 processor. This is a quad-core processor with a base clock of 1.33GHz, and Burst clock of up to 1.86GHz, all while consuming less than 2W of power. The Atom Z3745 chip has Intel HD Graphics, with a Base clock of 311MHz, and Burst clock of up to 778MHz.
The Atom Z3745 processor is 64-bit capable, has 2MB of L2 cache, is built on Intel's 22nm technology and supports up to 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM. We have 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB of on-board NAND storage, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, two 1.5W Dolby audio front-facing stereo speakers, a 10.1-inch 1920x1200 IPS-based multi-touchscreen, and Android 4.4 KitKat inside.
There's also a microUSB port for charging and syncing the tablet, an audio jack for headphones or speaker out, and micro SD card support for storage. We also have an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, backed up by a 1.6-megapixel front-facing snapper.
Availability & Price
Lenovo sells the Yoga Tablet 2 10-inch starting from $269.99 on its website, and the same $269.99 price applies on Amazon, too. As for availability, Lenovo's website states 1-3 business days at the time of writing, so I don't see you having a problem acquiring one at all.
PRICING: You can find the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 (10-inch) Android Tablet for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 (10-inch) Android Tablet retails for $282 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Key Features & Four Ways to Use Your Tablet]
- Page 3 [Build Quality & How It Feels]
- Page 4 [Display & Software]
- Page 5 [Performance, Camera, Battery Life & Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Camera Samples]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard