As I was scrambling around South Hall at CES and I had ROCCAT on my list of people to go and have a meeting with to see the latest and greatest of what ROCCAT was offering this year. I had already had my first look at this company with the Kova[+] mouse that I got really friendly with and up until just recently with the need to always be swapping out mice for reviews, had a long stay on my desktop.
The only real drawback in my time with this ROCCAT device, if you can even call it that, is once I got used to the Easy Shift feature included with their mice. When it came time to switch mice or work on a PC without a ROCCAT mouse attached, I got so used to the feature that I expected it to be on all mice and had do dedicate some time to relearning the usual suspects as far as mice go.
As I sat at the table at their booth and went through the details, new tricks in the software and just anything I could absorb about the company, I was shown two specific products that were on display. There was a new keyboard, the ISKU, which I will be bringing to you in just a couple of days, but there was also a mouse on the table that offered all of what the Kova[+] had to offer, but this time the design is a little more over the top with the move to as laser sensor, lighting features, a cool logo placement and a new intercommunication between ROCCAT's mice and keyboards with Talk FX technology.
What does this do for you? Well, it allows you to use the Easy Shift on the mouse to work the keyboard controls and the other way around as well. Not exactly a must have in mice, but if you are going to be taking the Easy Shift to keyboards as well, the ability to use either of them to help control the other is full of win in my book.
The mouse in question we are going to look at today from ROCCAT is the Kone[+]. This right hand only mouse offers styling to the hilt, with some really cool lighting features that will allow this mouse to match with any decor or do things that will make all of your friends green with envy. Since I have the ability to jump ahead and check things out before I deliver the review to you, I can assure you that as long as you are a right hander, there isn't a thing that can't be changed or addressed in some fashion to completely customize the look, feel and functionality of the Kone[+] via the included driver and software you must download to get the full effect of what ROCCAT is trying to do here. That is simply to offer things in a way that haven't been thought of and make the time you do spend with your peripherals as enjoyable as possible. I say we run the Kone[+] through the gamut of tests and see just how well they did this time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series