Intel's new Alder Lake CPU retail packaging has leaked, with photos of the entire stack -- from the flagship Core i9, to the Core i7, and Core i5 packaging teased.
The flagship Core i9-12900K packaging will be the fanciest of them all, which looks to be a small wafer of silicon that would be used as an eye-catching touch to the package. It would look damn nice on a shelf, and would compete with the luscious high-end AMD Ryzen CPU packaging.
The new retail packaging leaks don't show the Core i3 variant, but the rest of them are here. The first 3 processors based on the Alder Lake architecture from Intel will include the Core i9-12900K, Core i7-12700K, and Core i5-12600K processors.
- Read more: Intel's next-gen Z690 chipset pictured in the flesh, hello Alder Lake
- Read more: Intel's new LGA1700 socket detailed: ready for new Alder Lake CPUs
We should expect Intel to launch its new Alder Lake CPUs during its Innovation event on October 28, with pre-orders going live on that day, and then the CPUs and 600-series motherboards launching on November 4. You can expect CPU and motherboards here from us at TweakTown, and I'll explore the GPU side of things with a new Core i9-12900K testbed and running all of my GPUs through it (and Windows 11, too).
- Read more: Intel Z690 chipset detailed: 16 x PCIe 5.0 lanes for next-gen GPUs
- Read more: Intel's next-gen Alder Lake architecture: everything you need to know
- Read more: Intel 12th Gen Core 'Alder Lake-S' launch in November: PCIe 5.0 + DDR5
- Read more: Don't worry, Intel's new Z690 chipset mobos keep 24-pin connector
- Read more: GIGABYTE's next-gen Z690 AORUS Master, Elite mobos listed in Australia
- > NEXT STORY: Report: Hideo Kojima is making a Silent Hill game after all
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Konami's new eFootball game launched, Steam's worst-rated game ever