Elon Musk has confirmed that he personally holds major cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin -- and that's about it -- outside of owning stock of the companies he created in SpaceX and Tesla.
The billionaire announced the news during The B Word conference, during a video call on Zoom with Twitter founder Jack Dorsey and others. During the chat, Musk talked about the fact that he personally holds Bitcoin, and so do SpaceX and Twitter.
Not only that, but Musk doesn't pump and dump -- Musk explained: "If the price of bitcoin goes down I lose money. I might pump but I don't dump. I definitely do not believe in getting the price high and selling or anything like that. I would like to see bitcoin succeed".
- Read more: Elon Musk's new Twitter profile picture has Dogecoin in his aviators
- Read more: Elon Musk: SpaceX to put 'literal Dogecoin on the literal moon'
- Read more: Anonymous announces own crypto: Anon Inu to fight China and Elon Musk
- Read more: Anonymous fire warning shot at Elon Musk over his crypto tweets in 4K
- Read more: Elon Musk wants to go 'all in on doge'
There are a lot of people out there that think Musk and others pump and dump cryptocurrencies, especially since Elon is a huge fan of Dogecoin -- so much so that he's known as The Dogefather. But this news that he might pump but he definitely doesn't dump should be reassuring to the crypto market.
- > NEXT STORY: Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V are FREE on Amazon Prime Gaming
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still in development, Ubisoft confirms