An art cover for FF7 Remake was recently leaked in Korea, showing the game's astronomical install size.
Like most modern games released today, Final Fantasy 7 Remake is absolutely huge and could take up to 100GB of free PS4 hard drive space to install. A new Korean game cover suggests the Remake will claim at least 1/9th of a stock PS4 Pro's 1TB hard drive. Square Enix has confirmed the game ships on two Blu-ray discs which clock in at 50GB each. Remember, this is just the first chapter in the multi-volume series.
If the install size is accurate, here's how FF7 Remake stacks up against other gigantic game install sizes:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 175GB
- Destiny 2 - 165GB
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - 100GB+
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake - 100GB
- Final Fantasy XIV - 80GB+
- Final Fantasy XV - 50GB+
- The Witcher 3 - 50GB
This contradicts the game's previous 73.7GB install size gleaned from FF7 Remake's datamined demo files.
Square Enix has yet to confirm or announce the game's storage requirements on any storefront.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake is due out April 10, 2020 on PlayStation 4, and will come to other platforms a year later.
- > NEXT STORY: Xbox boss Phil Spencer updates on Xbox Series X, gaming at E3 2020
- < PREVIOUS STORY: PlayStation 5 to sell 6 million units at launch, analyst predicts