After five years of development, Respawn's big new action-adventure Star Wars game is completely finished.
Jedi: Fallen Order could restore balance to the galaxy of Star Wars games. Typically dominated by grindy service games like Battlefront, Respawn's new game is a singleplayer-only adventure that combines Uncharted's exploration and environmental interactivity with Sekiro's suave and stylish swordplay, and a hint of Dark Souls rolling and dodging thrown in for good measure. It's described as a "Jedi power fantasy" by Respawn and takes place in a unique timeline between Episodes III and IV when the Jedi were being ruthlessly hunted down and slaughtered.
Now Respawn says the game has gone gold, meaning it's mastered and ready to ship to gamers across the globe. We'll probably see a few updates released here and there, but the core experience is intact.
Everything we've seen and heard so far of Jedi: Fallen Order paints it as something unique. It has cinematic action sequences that blend with careful, strategic combat, and lots of exploration akin to Metroidvania. Players will accrue Force powers and build up Padawan Cal Kestis' abilities over time, all while unraveling secrets to the Jedi Order and keeping the Rebellion's flame alive in the process.
Respawn has been developing the game since 2014, and we've been writing about it since it was announced way back in 2016. God of War III director Stig Asmussen joined Respawn to work on the project, and Fallout: New Vegas writer Chris Avellone jumped in to help write the story.
Combined with Respawn's penchant for chaotic and memorable over-the-top action, Jedi: Fallen Order could be pretty explosive when it releases next month on November 15, 2019 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Check below for more information:
A galaxy-spanning adventure awaits in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, a new third-person action-adventure title from Respawn Entertainment. This narratively driven, single-player game puts you in the role of a Jedi Padawan who narrowly escaped the purge of Order 66 following the events of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. On a quest to rebuild the Jedi Order, you must pick up the pieces of your shattered past to complete your training, develop new powerful Force abilities and master the art of the iconic lightsaber - all while staying one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors.
While mastering your abilities, players will engage in cinematically charged lightsaber and Force combat designed to deliver the kind of intense Star Wars lightsaber battles as seen in the films. Players will need to approach enemies strategically, sizing up strengths and weaknesses while cleverly utilizing your Jedi training to overcome your opponents and solve the mysteries that lay in your path.
Star Wars fans will recognize iconic locations, weapons, gear and enemies while also meeting a roster of fresh characters, locations, creatures, droids and adversaries new to Star Wars. As part of this authentic Star Wars story, fans will delve into a galaxy recently seized by the Empire. As a Jedi hero-turned-fugitive, players will need to fight for survival while exploring the mysteries of a long-extinct civilization all in an effort to rebuild the remnants of the Jedi Order as the Empire seeks to erase the Jedi completely.
- Cinematic, Immersive Combat - Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system-striking, parrying, dodging-partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you'll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.
- A New Jedi Story Begins - As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration and puzzle-solving.
- The Galaxy Awaits - Ancient forests, windswept rock faces and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you'll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order.
- >> NEXT STORY: Senators slam Blizzard for kowtowing to China
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Hacked Switch plays Witcher 3 at 60FPS