The very first patch to come to the newly released Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has been made live and the patch notes have been released by developers Treyarch. Check out the changes that are coming to all three of the games modes; Blackout, Zombies and the classic Multiplayer.
Treyarch has taken to /r/Blackops4 sub reddit to showcase to the community the changes that are going to be rolled out to the live game. Starting off we have general stability and crashing fixes across each of the game modes, moving onto zombies we have several changes to players' health, points that are being earned, tiger attacks and many more tweaks.
The classic Blacko game mode now allows for players to properly unlock Mastercraft camos. A fix has also been provided for the occasional bug that didn't allow for players to correctly unlock Ajax in Blackout. Another Blackout fix has been provided for when players would go to use their trauma kit and it would not work. Treyarch have also showcased to the community what future updates they are working on, some of the categories that will be patched are weapon camo issues, map spawns, crashes and progression issues. In the entirety of this post I have provided a copy of the patch notes, if instead you wish to view the official release, check out the Treyarch Reddit post here.
- General stability and crash fixes across all modes.
- Increased player health in Casual, Normal, and Hardcore Difficulty in Classic mode by 50 points.
- Balance adjustment to rate at which players earn points.
- Balance adjustment to Tiger attacks.
- Balance adjustment to Hellhounds (spawn radius, speed, and frequency).
- Balance adjustment to Hellfire Special Weapon.
- Reduced cost of shield repair and replacement.
- Resolved an issue where some players experienced a crash in the Laboratory.
- Mastercraft camos can now be properly unlocked.
- Adjusted unlock requirements for the active camo on Signature Weapons (MX9, Strife).
- Prevented Scorestreak kills from counting toward progress in certain Challenges.
- Addressed an issue that occasionally prevented players from unlocking Ajax.
We've also made the following additional update specific to PC:
Fixed an issue where Trauma Kits would occasionally not work properly.
Here are some of the hot topics we're currently tracking and/or working on for a future update:
- We're tracking a number of these across several different configurations, and the team at Beenox is working to identify and fix these as they come up. Watch /u/TreyarchPC and @TreyarchPC on Twitter for PC-specific Black Ops 4 updates, and please be as descriptive as possible when reporting crashes (for example, "error code Negative 345 Sky Wolf") and what was happening in the game at the time of your crash. Every bit of info helps the team track and squash these issues.
- We adjusted spawns in Domination in yesterday's update, and have seen reports of map spawn issues across other MP modes. We're investigating these now and will address as necessary in upcoming updates.
- We're investigating reported issues where some users have experienced a temporary loss in some progression stats, while others have reported Hardcore wins not counting toward Challenge progression, and/or losing a match already in progress counting as a loss. Our teams are on it.
Weapon Camo Issues:
- We've seen reports of instances where certain camos can cover up the Optic on your weapon. This is on the list for a fix in the near future.
Please note that the list above isn't exhaustive, and that we're tracking everything across this subreddit and the rest of our social channels to ensure we're constantly prioritizing our focus. Keep your feedback coming, and please let us know what you think about today's Zombies balancing pass! We're just getting started.
- >> NEXT STORY: AMD Radeon RX 590 turns up on the 3DMark database
- << PREVIOUS STORY: COD: Black Ops 4 emotes let gamers peak around corners