Fortnite is kicking off its huge Season 6 update which Epic Games is calling Darkness Rises, and is pushed out now. There are massive changes that are taking place in Fortnite, some of which includes Halloween-themed goods.
There are new skins, a new spooky map update, and the new Shadow Stones. Fortnite S6's new Shadow Stones turn the player into a living shadow if you consume them, which is a big change to the game. While you're in Shadow Form, you won't be able to use weapons but you'll be invisible to enemies if you stay still. This is a big game changer, that's for sure.
In Fortnite Battle Royale, the new Season 6 'Darkness Rises' changes a lot. Here's what you can expect:
- Consumable typically found around corrupted areas of the map.
- Using a Shadow Stone will apply 'Shadow Form' for a brief period.
While in Shadow Form:
- Unable to use weapons.
- Become invisible to enemies when stationary.
- You become more visible and leave behind a Shadow Trail when moving.
- Gain increased movement speed, jump height and fall damage immunity.
- Gain a new ability, Phase, can be activated by pressing the Primary Fire button.
- Phase: Propels you in the direction you are facing, and allows you to pass through objects.
- The effect lasts 45 seconds but can be exited early by holding down Alt Fire button (aim down sights).
There are some gameplay changes, with new locations:
- Floating Island
- Corrupted Areas
- Corn Fields
- Haunted Castle
- Drop in and find the rest in-game!
Performance optimizations have been included in the S6 update to Fortnite, too:
- Optimized texture binding rendering code on Switch. This improved CPU and GPU performance, resulting in smoother gameplay and higher resolution rendering.
- Optimized performance when many players are on screen.
- Game thread optimizations
- Optimized movement for supply drops.
- Improved performance and memory for Android devices running Vulkan. This affects the S9+ Adreno, Note 9 Adreno variants.
- Memory optimizations for mobile to reduce the chance of encountering low performance when many apps are in the background
- >> NEXT STORY: Intel Core i9-9900K: 8C/16T processor should debut at $480
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Ace Combat 7: 4K 60FPS on GTX 1080 Ti, RTX 2080, RTX 2080 Ti