Gamescom 2016 - The United Kingdom face off against the Ottoman Empire in Battlefield 1's new 64-player desert-based Sinai map.
DICE has made it clear that Battlefield 1 is all about all-out war, and the latest bit of footage from Gamescom exemplifies this perfectly. We've already seen some pretty insane 64-player battles at E3 2016, and now we get a glimpse of what the game's new Sinai map has to offer.
Sadly the gameplay is a bit fuzzy, but it's still a nice sampling of epic-scale world-shattering chaos. We see Ottomans charging into battle on horseback with sabers raised high, biplanes raining down bullets from the skies, and just general explosive havoc. Soon you'll be able to get in on the action when Battlefield 1's open beta launches on August 30, but the beta test is only limited to 24-players max with two modes: Conquest and Rush.
Battlefield 1 launches on October 21 for PS4, Xbox One and PS4. Check below for another new Gamescom trailer, and a breakdown of everything we know about the game so far.
Everything we know about Battlefield 1 so far:
- E3 2016: Battlefield 1 multiplayer hands-on impressions
- Battlefield 1 closed alpha is officially happening
- Battlefield 1's customization options detailed, with lots to tweak
- Battlefield 1 maps detailed, weather system changes gameplay elements
- Battlefield 1 features new Operations mode
- Battlefield 1 leaves out the French at launch, will come later in DLC
- Battlefield 1 will again feature Community Test Environment
- Battlefield 1 will feature world-breaking 64-player PVP multiplayer, along with new weapons, maps and more
- EA confirms Battlefield 1 will have 'micro-monetization' options
- Server browser confirmed for Battlefield 1
- Battlefield 1's campaign will 'delve into the unknowns of WW1'
- Battlefield 1 'rooted in history', not based on alternate WW1 timeline
- Battlefield 1 confirmed digital only on PC, but not everywhere
- Battlefield 1 campaign might only have six missions
- The WW1 shooter has Bad Company 2-style destruction, no auto-aim, and dedicated vehicle classes
- DICE's WW1 shooter is coming first to Xbox One and PC via Origin Access
- Battlefield 1 will have an open beta, and here's how to sign-up
- Pre-orders on Origin and Xbox LIVE are 10% off, grant early access to DLC and $80 Early Enlister Edition grants 3 days early access
- >> NEXT STORY: Battlefield 1 will feature large-scale Conquest only
- << PREVIOUS STORY: NieR Automata is coming to PC