One of the big things that Sony did with the PS5 reveal is confirm that the next-gen console will have full backwards compatibility with the PS4, enabling new PlayStation 5 console owners to use their previous-gen PS4 games, or buy PS4 games on the cheap and play them on their new PS5.
We should expect some additional extras in terms of performance (60FPS) and resolution (4K) on some PS4 and PS4 Pro games, where Sony could offer specific games (if they support it) to crank up from previous-gen PS4/PS4 Pro limitations. This could see PS4 games that did run at 1080p 30/60FPS running at 4K 60FPS on the PS5, which would be a really big deal for a lot of games and gamers.
- Page 1 [Introduction To The PlayStation 5]
- Page 2 [PS5 - Custom AMD Zen 2 CPU on 7nm]
- Page 3 [PS5 - Custom AMD Navi GPU on 7nm]
- Page 4 [PS5 - Gaming Changing Storage Tech]
- Page 5 [PS5 - First Console With 8K Support]
- Page 6 [PS5 - Next-Gen 3D Audio]
- Page 7 [PS5 - Backwards Compatible With PS4 Games]
- Page 8 [PS5 - Launch Games]
- Page 9 [PS5 - PlayStation VR 2.0]
- Page 10 [There's More To Come]