We've had a good look into the VGA side of things when it comes to Windows 7. However, while for many people that's the most important section, it's not all of it. Today we'll be having a closer look at how some of the other components in our system run under the new operating system due out in just a few months.
Today we'll be looking at two core components; the memory and the CPU. We'll be using a triple channel memory configuration with our Core i7 920 processor clocked at 4GHz. We'll be running our testbed through our standard memory benchmark line-up which does a good job of testing both the memory and CPU.
Like our other Windows 7 articles we recently published, there isn't a whole lot to say as the benchmarks themselves will do most of the talking. What we'll do is have a quick look at our testbed today to see what exactly we have going on before getting stuck into our benchmarks to see if there's much of a performance difference, be it in the negative or positive area, when comparing the new operating system Windows 7 to its predecessor, Windows Vista.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Adventure Time will get a new Open-world RPG early 2018
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series