We've had a good look into the VGA side of things when it comes to Windows 7. However, while for many people that's the most important section, it's not all of it. Today we'll be having a closer look at how some of the other components in our system run under the new operating system due out in just a few months.
Today we'll be looking at two core components; the memory and the CPU. We'll be using a triple channel memory configuration with our Core i7 920 processor clocked at 4GHz. We'll be running our testbed through our standard memory benchmark line-up which does a good job of testing both the memory and CPU.
Like our other Windows 7 articles we recently published, there isn't a whole lot to say as the benchmarks themselves will do most of the talking. What we'll do is have a quick look at our testbed today to see what exactly we have going on before getting stuck into our benchmarks to see if there's much of a performance difference, be it in the negative or positive area, when comparing the new operating system Windows 7 to its predecessor, Windows Vista.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlanetSide Arena unveiled: 1000-player mode, battle royale
- Overwatch League expands to Atlanta and Dallas in 2019
- Metal Gear Solid has now been turned into a board game
- LG's new 17-inch laptop rocks 16:10 display, 20-hour battery
- Fortnite dev Epic Games paves way for cross-platform gaming
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender