Unigine has been very busy over the years building its next-gen real-time 3D platform - which isn't just a PC benchmark but a platform that can be used from real estate developers, scientists and researchers, and even small movie studios, with the developer working on Superposition, which can be deployed in countless different markets. Superposition is the result of the infusion of the new Unigine 2 Engine, and it has plenty of tools to stress your GPU to 100%, or build out a space base or weather simulation systems.
Until now, Unigine's Heaven benchmark was a stable of my synthetic benchmark regime for years now, as it is a benchmark that provides stable results without much variance between graphics cards. The news that Unigine were working on a new benchmark program had me excited, so I reached out to the company last week and was able to score myself with an early release of Superposition, and I've run it through its paces on a bunch of different CPU and GPU architectures, and combinations of both.
Superposition, which I'll say at the start is a strange name - Heaven 2.0 would've been okay with me. Anyway, Superposition is detailed by Unigine as a story: "A lone professor performs dangerous experiments in an abandoned classroom, day in and day out. Obsessed with inventions and discoveries beyond the wildest dreams, he strives to prove his ideas".
Unigine continues: "Once you come to this place in the early morning, you would not meet him there. The eerie thing is a loud bang from the laboratory heard a few moments ago. What was that? You have the only chance to cast some light upon this incident by going deeply into the matter of quantum theory: thorough visual inspection of professor's records and instruments will help to lift the veil on the mystery".
Unigine 2.0 Engine
Unigine made some large upgrades to their engine, which allows all sorts of businesses to apply Unigine 2.0 Engine to their products - with the Unigine SDK "designed to push beyond the entertainment space and provide photo-realistic, high-quality graphics capabilities across all industries".
Unigine has built every 3D asset with near photorealistic quality, with the developer explaining that the new Unigine image generator uses advanced shading and lighting models, accurate atmosphere model, advanced special effects, and lifelike post-processing. Unigine wants people not to know if what they're seeing is real or not, and the team has achieved that in a big way.
I'll be writing another article on Unigine 2.0 Engine, as it really is some mind blowing stuff - it deserves its own time in the spotlight.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Superposition UI & Benchmarks]
- Page 3 [Test System Specs]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!