The motherboard looks great without heat sinks.
The VRM here is one of the largest we have seen on any X299 motherboard, ASUS even moved the socket down to fit in all the power stages. This 16 phase VRM is a beast, and meant for Intel's 9980XE and other really high power CPUs that can draw over 1kw under LN2. It is controlled by an IR35201, which is relabeled ASP1405I. There are 16 IR3555M, which are 60A PowIRstages, and no doublers are used so each power stages attaches to one PWM channel from the PWM, this improves transient response.
The CPU VRM gets its power from two 8-pin power connectors. The VCCSA gets its power from two On Semiconductor NCP302045 DrMOS rated 45A, and is controlled by another ASP1405I.
Each memory VRM uses the same On Semiconductor DrMOS, but they are controlled by the ASP1250.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage VI Extreme Omega Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Authorized antivirus & security keys + Windows 10 Pro for under $12
- BioWare loses another veteran Mass Effect and Dragon Age developer
- Destiny 2's will soon rotate content in and out rather than just add
- Respawn: Apex Legends isn't viable without high priced skins
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director