GIGABYTE's X299 Designare EX is now GIGABYTE's top of the line X299 motherboard, taking back the reigns from the X299 Aorus Gaming 9, or so I thought. GIGABYTE actually is positioning the Designare EX between the Gaming 7 and Gaming 9. However, that isn't the whole story; the X299 Designare EX replaces some rear IO, mainly USB 3.0, with two Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The X299 Designare EX is one of the first motherboards for the X299 platform with ThunderBolt 3, but it's also one of GIGABYTE's redesigned X299 designs. A new VRM, better VRM cooling, and a unique color theme are what the X299 Designare EX has to offer over the Gaming 9, so let's take a look.
The X299 Designare EX features three M.2 slots, two ThunderBolt 3 ports, 3-way SLI support, quad channel memory, support for both Kaby Lake-X and Skylake-X, and SATA6Gb/s.
The X299 Designare EX will be priced between the X299 Aorus Gaming 9 and X299 Aorus Gaming 7.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card