GIGABYTE's X299 Designare EX is now GIGABYTE's top of the line X299 motherboard, taking back the reigns from the X299 Aorus Gaming 9, or so I thought. GIGABYTE actually is positioning the Designare EX between the Gaming 7 and Gaming 9. However, that isn't the whole story; the X299 Designare EX replaces some rear IO, mainly USB 3.0, with two Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The X299 Designare EX is one of the first motherboards for the X299 platform with ThunderBolt 3, but it's also one of GIGABYTE's redesigned X299 designs. A new VRM, better VRM cooling, and a unique color theme are what the X299 Designare EX has to offer over the Gaming 9, so let's take a look.
The X299 Designare EX features three M.2 slots, two ThunderBolt 3 ports, 3-way SLI support, quad channel memory, support for both Kaby Lake-X and Skylake-X, and SATA6Gb/s.
The X299 Designare EX will be priced between the X299 Aorus Gaming 9 and X299 Aorus Gaming 7.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]