GIGABYTE's X299 Designare EX is now GIGABYTE's top of the line X299 motherboard, taking back the reigns from the X299 Aorus Gaming 9, or so I thought. GIGABYTE actually is positioning the Designare EX between the Gaming 7 and Gaming 9. However, that isn't the whole story; the X299 Designare EX replaces some rear IO, mainly USB 3.0, with two Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The X299 Designare EX is one of the first motherboards for the X299 platform with ThunderBolt 3, but it's also one of GIGABYTE's redesigned X299 designs. A new VRM, better VRM cooling, and a unique color theme are what the X299 Designare EX has to offer over the Gaming 9, so let's take a look.
The X299 Designare EX features three M.2 slots, two ThunderBolt 3 ports, 3-way SLI support, quad channel memory, support for both Kaby Lake-X and Skylake-X, and SATA6Gb/s.
The X299 Designare EX will be priced between the X299 Aorus Gaming 9 and X299 Aorus Gaming 7.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!