Let's see what the motherboard is hiding under its heat sinks.
The CPU VRM is in a 10+1 phase configuration, and it uses Intersil's brand new digital PWM the ISL69138, which offers up to 7 phases in flex mode. It is in a five-phase mode and doubled to 10 by adding two drivers on each PWM signal. Each phase uses a 60A inductor along with a Fairchild Semiconductor FDPC5030 PowerTrench Power Clip dual N-channel MOSFET, each rated for 25A. The VCCSA is also controlled by the CPU VRM PWM controller, so it's in 5+1 phase mode.
We also find that each phase gets an Intersil ISL6596 MOSFET driver located on the rear of the PCB, and we can see that every two drivers have their PWM inputs tied together, effectively doubling phase count from 5 to 10. The VCCIO uses a single phase VRM with an Anpec APW8720 PWM with integrated driver along with one Fairchild FDPC5030.
Each memory VRM uses two Fairchild FDPC5030 in two phases, and each is controlled by a UPI uP1674 PWM controller with integrated drivers.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Extreme4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Switch, motion control support
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases