Let's see what the motherboard is hiding under its heat sinks.
The CPU VRM is in a 10+1 phase configuration, and it uses Intersil's brand new digital PWM the ISL69138, which offers up to 7 phases in flex mode. It is in a five-phase mode and doubled to 10 by adding two drivers on each PWM signal. Each phase uses a 60A inductor along with a Fairchild Semiconductor FDPC5030 PowerTrench Power Clip dual N-channel MOSFET, each rated for 25A. The VCCSA is also controlled by the CPU VRM PWM controller, so it's in 5+1 phase mode.
We also find that each phase gets an Intersil ISL6596 MOSFET driver located on the rear of the PCB, and we can see that every two drivers have their PWM inputs tied together, effectively doubling phase count from 5 to 10. The VCCIO uses a single phase VRM with an Anpec APW8720 PWM with integrated driver along with one Fairchild FDPC5030.
Each memory VRM uses two Fairchild FDPC5030 in two phases, and each is controlled by a UPI uP1674 PWM controller with integrated drivers.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Extreme4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia revives the 8110, the one Neo used in The Matrix
- Galaxy S9/S9+ revealed, launches March 16 and starts at $720
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit