Let's see what the motherboard is hiding under its heat sinks.
The CPU VRM is in a 10+1 phase configuration, and it uses Intersil's brand new digital PWM the ISL69138, which offers up to 7 phases in flex mode. It is in a five-phase mode and doubled to 10 by adding two drivers on each PWM signal. Each phase uses a 60A inductor along with a Fairchild Semiconductor FDPC5030 PowerTrench Power Clip dual N-channel MOSFET, each rated for 25A. The VCCSA is also controlled by the CPU VRM PWM controller, so it's in 5+1 phase mode.
We also find that each phase gets an Intersil ISL6596 MOSFET driver located on the rear of the PCB, and we can see that every two drivers have their PWM inputs tied together, effectively doubling phase count from 5 to 10. The VCCIO uses a single phase VRM with an Anpec APW8720 PWM with integrated driver along with one Fairchild FDPC5030.
Each memory VRM uses two Fairchild FDPC5030 in two phases, and each is controlled by a UPI uP1674 PWM controller with integrated drivers.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Extreme4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie: Activision let us do awesome things with Destiny
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best