The X299 Designare EX looks great without any heat sinks on.
The new VRM went from a true 8-phase VRM to a 12-phase VRM based on 6-phases doubled up, which allows for higher power output. The Intersil ISL69138 true digital PWM controller from Intersil is in a 6+1 phase configuration. All CPU and memory power uses ISL99227 Smart Power Stages, which are rated 60A, have internal current and temperature sensors, and offer double-sided cooling capacity (bottom through PCB and top through a metal area). The inductors are rated for 51A (can go higher if needed but with a lot of core loss) high current power inductor.
Doubling is done through six Intersil ISL6617 PWM phase doublers located on the rear of the PCB. We find ISL69133 four-phase PWM controllers for the memory VRM and VCCIO VRM. Each of those power stages clock in 60A each.
Each memory VRM is made up of two phases for the DRAM and one phase for the VPP voltage.
We find one of the VPP VRMs under the CPU socket to the left, while the one to the right is for VCCIO.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia revives the 8110, the one Neo used in The Matrix
- Galaxy S9/S9+ revealed, launches March 16 and starts at $720
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit