The Z370GT6 shows us the goods.
The phases we see here are split into an 8+2 phase configuration for the CPU VCore and the iGPU voltage rail. We get four phases doubled to eight through doubling the number of VRM power stage components on each driver output, and we get two true phases for the iGPU from the PWM controller. The capacitors are rated 5K hours, but we don't know the rating on the inductors.
The VRM on this motherboard uses Intersil's ISL95866 4+3 phase PWM controller. It offers four phases for the CPU VCore, and on that rail, it has two integrated driver outputs, and BIOSTAR adds two more drivers (ISL6208) for a total of four driver outputs. These dour driver outputs go to two sets of power stage components. The Sinowpower SM4364 and SM4377 MOSFETs are used as low-side and high-side MOSFETs, these are the same we found on some Z170 motherboards from BIOSTAR.
Each power stage gets ones high-side and one low-side MOSFET if we consider each power stage and individual phase by inductor count. The VCCSA uses a single phase made up of the same MOSFETs. However, some other voltage rails use Richtek RT9045 linear regulators, and we also find some voltage console chips from UPI (UP1811) to monitor system parameters.
A UPI Semiconductor uP1514 is used as the PWM controller with integrated driver for the memory VRM, which is made up of three SM4377 MOSFETs (two low sides and one high side).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370GT6 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit