The X299 Aorus Gaming 7 PRO reveals some beautiful stuff with the heat sinks removed.
The motherboard has changed from a true 8-phase PWM controller and VRM with 50A power stages to a 12 phase (6 doubled correctly to 12) with 60A power stages. That is more than doubling the output capability of the MOSFETs. The new Intersil ISL69138 true digital PWM controller from Intersil is in a 6+1 phase configuration. The last +1 is for the VCCSA and is on the far right side. Each power stage uses an ISL99227 Smart Power Stage, which is rated 60A, has internal current and temperature sensors, and offers double-sided cooling capacity (bottom through PCB and top through a metal area).
The inductors have changed, however, from 76A CooperBussman model to a 51A model (can go higher if needed but with a lot of core loss) high current power inductor. So we went from 76Ax8 (608A) to 51x12 (612) inductor current capability, but increased power stage capability to help reduce temperatures.
Intersil's ISL6617 are used as phase doublers, they are such simple chips that have been around for like eight years, and they do a solid job. Minor rails, such as the VPP and VCCIO also get the Smart Power Stages and use Intersil's ISL69133, which offers X+Y=4 for PWM rails instead of X+Y=7 as with the ISL69137. Here we see one phase for DDR VPP and one for VCCIO. Another single phase can be found right near the bottom of the other four DIMMs, and that must be DDR4 VPP for the other set of four DIMMs.
Each memory VRM uses an ISL69133 4 phase (can be 2+2 or even 3+1) digital PWM controller along with two 60A Intersil ISL99227 smart power stages, the same as the CPU.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299-Aorus Gaming 7 PRO Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299-Aorus Gaming 7 PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299-Aorus Gaming 7 PRO Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DICE addresses ridiculous death experience in Battlefield V
- Huawei's upcoming foldable smartphone could feature 5G tech
- ASUS ready to launch a massive array of Z390 motherboards
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Multi-Awarded Party Game Wizards TourneyOut On Steam Today
- Announcing the release date of 'ACA NEOGEO CYBER-LIP'
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees