Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
Scythe is well known for delivering more than capable coolers, and many of them are also quite attractive additions to any build. We also know that Scythe is not afraid to make revisions to their better selling designs, which keeps Scythe in the game, should the market change slightly since the last time they introduced a particular cooler. With the advent of the AM4 introduction, it made many coolers that were previously released nearly worthless to anyone who had plans on a Ryzen system build.
Scythe does not want to be left behind. In this instance, they have taken a cooler which was just offered in its original form, slightly more than a year ago, but the introduction of AM4 sockets made Scythe jump into action. With the cooler we are about to see, there have only been two changes to this offering that we can find. One of them, most obviously, is the inclusion of AM4 mounting, which the original did not have. The second change is that the mounting hardware, which used to be matte black, is now polished metal. Outside of these two factors, what we will see here is much the same as what you may have read in other reviews.
While we did not get our hands-on the original design, Scythe wanted to make sure we got to see this cooler is some shape or form, and why not wait until the cooler is in what we would consider its final form. The cooler we are alluding to here is the Scythe Fuma Rev.B, one of the latest coolers to leave the Scythe factory. From what we have gathered in the preliminary inspection and with what we have read and understood about the Fuma Rev.B, what you are about to see is a dual-tower cooler, which is not only attractive but is also highly affordable. For those of you looking for a large air cooler that won't break the bank, we suggest you take a long hard look at what Scythe has delivered for us today.
The Scythe Fuma Rev.B is differentiated from the original, with the part number SCFM-1100. So, when it comes to looking for this CPU cooler, if you see the SCFM-1000, you are looking at the original Fuma without AM4 mounting. Speaking of mounting, this cooler is capable with Intel sockets since and including LGA775 on through to LGA2011-V3, and even LGA2066. As for the AMD users, AM2 is the first included socket; it covers the AM and FM sockets, and now has AM4 compatibility as well. The dual-tower is made of aluminum and copper, aluminum for the forty-seven fins on each end of the pipes. Speaking of the six 6mm diameter heat pipes, they are made of copper and so is the base, but both of them are nickel plated, while the fins are left in their natural state. All told, the Fuma Rev.B stands 149mm tall, it is 130mm wide, and is 137mm deep with the fans installed.
Cooling this dual-tower setup is a pair of SY1225SL12M-CJP Scyther fans. They are both 120mm in size and use a 4-pin PWM connection for power from the motherboard. The range of fan blade rotation speed is as low as 300 RPM, and with all the power applied, they will spin at 1400 RPM. The noise level of these fans is shown to range from 13 dB(A) at 300 RPM, while at 1400 RPM, the fans will give off 28 dB(A) of noise. Airflow changes from 5.6 on the low-end, tops out at 79 CFM and has the potential to deliver up to 1.56 mmH2O of pressure while spinning on the sleeve bearing. The tower, with these fans, mounted to it, weighs in at 920 grams, and looking into the coverage, we found Scythe warranties this cooler for the duration of two-years from the date of purchase.
Of course, looks, size, and easy of mounting are all key factors when looking for a new CPU air cooler. However, the bottom line for most people is cost, and Scythe is offering quite the bargain with the Fuma Rev.B. Looking at the usual haunts, we are pleased to say that Premier and Prime members will find the same exact deal. Newegg, as well as Amazon, currently show the price to be just $45.99. Considering many of the dual-tower designs have come to us in the range of $70 to $90, it is easy to see the generosity with such a price. Even if you cannot appreciate the looks, if you have the room to use the Fuma Rev.B, this easy to mount and quite an affordable solution may be the answer to your CPU cooling needs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Scythe Fuma Rev.B CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Scythe Fuma Rev.B CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Scythe Fuma Rev.B CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution