The Z370 Taichi shows us the goods when the heat sink comes off.
The phases on the Z370 Taichi are in a 10+2 phase configuration for the CPU core and the iGPU phases. The Intersil ISL69138 is used as the PWM controller and supports up to 7 phases on two rails (5+2 here). The main CPU rail gets five PWM channels, and the iGPU rail gets two PWM channels. Each phase gets a 60A inductor and uses Fairchild Semiconductor FDPC5030 PowerTrech Power Clip dual N-channel MOSFETs which are rated for a continuous 25A output, just like NexFETs that are popular. Two APW8720 PWM controllers with integrated drivers are used for the VCCSA and VCCIO single phase VRMs that use the same dual-N channel PowerTrench MOSFETs as the main CPU VRM.
Each PWM channel seems to output to two ISL6596 N-channel MOSFET drivers for the VCore, which is an odd way of doubling phase count from 5 to 10 for the core phases. The method used here allows for each phase to have its own driver, it's like a better method of doubling up phases compared to two power stages on one driver. The memory VRM uses a UPI uP1674P PWM controller with integrated drivers and outputs to the same Fairchild PowerTrench Power Clip dual N-Channel MOSFETs as used in the CPU VRM.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z370 Taichi Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z370 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z370 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard North's Diablo III would've looked like Diablo II
- Remedy's Northlight engine being optimized for multiplayer
- Remedy making new game outside of P7
- Arc System Works and SWERY announce new title 'The Missing'
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit