The X299 AORUS Gaming 3 looks awesome without the heat sinks.
The motherboard has eight true phases for the main CPU voltage rail. The IR digital PWM, the IR35201 is used in 8+0 phase mode and controls eight phases made up of IR3556 fully integrated power stages rated at 50A. Eight 70-76A high current Cooper Bussmann power inductors and 10K FP caps are used for the LC filter on the motherboard.
A few Infineon IR35204 3+1 phase digital PWM controllers are used to control the secondary rail VRMs (like VCCSA and IO), main DDR VRM, and DDR VPP VRM. The VCCSA uses an IR3553, as does the VCCIO, and memory rails. The VCCIO rail is located at the bottom of the socket.
Each memory VRM uses another IR35204 and two IR3553 for the memory VRM and a single IR3553 for the DDR4 VPP.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series