The Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 reveals its secrets!
The CPU VRM is in a 12+1 phase configuration, and to be honest, ASRock has stated it is identical to that of the X299 Taichi and one other ASRock motherboard. ASRock decided to give its less expensive motherboards the same VRm quality as their top of the line boards.
There are three Intersil ISL69138 fully-digital PWMs, which offer two rails in X+Y=max7 phases. In this case, it's being used in a 6+1 phase mode. The new PWM is paired with brand new 60A Intersil DrMOS first from Intersil, the ISL99227B and ISL99227F are Smart Power Stages and offer internal current and temperature sensing, which allows them to operate at high-efficiency levels since they have quick and accurate internal feedback loops. ASRock is using 12K capacitors as well as 60A+ inductors.
Six Intersil ISL6617 phase doublers are located on the back of the motherboard and double 6 PWM phases to 12 for the CPU core power rail. Another ISL69138 used to control the memory VRM can be found on the rear of the motherboard.
Each memory VRM uses two Fairchild FDPC5030SG, which are high current dual N-Channel MOSFETs that integrate both the high and low-side MOSFETs. Each set of 8 DIMMs gets two phases for main DDR4 power. We find our second memory VRM and last Intersil ISL69138, which is being underutilized. The one difference between the Taichi and Gaming i9 is that ASRock upgraded the memory MOSFETs on the Gaming i9.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit