The Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 reveals its secrets!
The CPU VRM is in a 12+1 phase configuration, and to be honest, ASRock has stated it is identical to that of the X299 Taichi and one other ASRock motherboard. ASRock decided to give its less expensive motherboards the same VRm quality as their top of the line boards.
There are three Intersil ISL69138 fully-digital PWMs, which offer two rails in X+Y=max7 phases. In this case, it's being used in a 6+1 phase mode. The new PWM is paired with brand new 60A Intersil DrMOS first from Intersil, the ISL99227B and ISL99227F are Smart Power Stages and offer internal current and temperature sensing, which allows them to operate at high-efficiency levels since they have quick and accurate internal feedback loops. ASRock is using 12K capacitors as well as 60A+ inductors.
Six Intersil ISL6617 phase doublers are located on the back of the motherboard and double 6 PWM phases to 12 for the CPU core power rail. Another ISL69138 used to control the memory VRM can be found on the rear of the motherboard.
Each memory VRM uses two Fairchild FDPC5030SG, which are high current dual N-Channel MOSFETs that integrate both the high and low-side MOSFETs. Each set of 8 DIMMs gets two phases for main DDR4 power. We find our second memory VRM and last Intersil ISL69138, which is being underutilized. The one difference between the Taichi and Gaming i9 is that ASRock upgraded the memory MOSFETs on the Gaming i9.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]