The X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC reveals its secrets without its heat sinks.
The VRM on the motherboard for the VCore or Input Voltage is 10 phases big; five true phases are doubled to 10. The IR35201 is being used in 5+1 phase mode, with the +1 being used for VCCSA, that is why you count 11 chokes in the image above.
Each VRM phase for the VCore or Input Voltage and System Agent uses an IR3555M 60A fully integrated PowIRstage which are best in class. Each PWM phase is doubled by an IR3599 doubler/quadruple.
There is also an IR35204 3+1 phase PWM being used to control one of the minor VRMs for VCCIO. A Texas Instruments 25A/40A CSD87350Q NexFET is used for the VCCIO.
Both memory VRMs use Primarion PV4210 digital PWMs, Primarion is owned by Infineon just like IR. Each memory phase uses two 25A/40A NexFETs, the CSD87350Q.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series