ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE Circuit Analysis
The PRIME X299-DELUXE hides a lot under the shields.
The VCore or Input voltage is powered by a true 8 phase VRM. The VRM is made up of a relabeled Infineon (IR) IR35201, labeled ASP1405 working in 8+0 phase mode. Each phase consists of an IR3555, fully integrated 60A power stage. I am not sure of the inductor rating (I wish I knew), and the capacitors are 10K solid polymers.
Another ASP1405 seems to control two Texas Instruments CSD97374Q4M NexFETs, but these NexFETs have integrated drivers, just like the IR parts in the main CPU VRM. These phases control secondary and lower power rails such as VCCSA and VCCIO, so the NexFET's output of 15A efficient and 25A continuous is more than enough.
Two Digi+ ASP1103 PWM controllers control the memory VRMs; I am not sure what PWM it is as ASUS rebranded them. Each main phase (each set of four DIMMs gets two phases for the main DDR4 power rail) is made up of four low RDS ON MOSFETs and low profile inductors. They get the job done, as they are using the same components found on ASUS's Z270 overclocking motherboards.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series