The Z270X-Designare's hardware is revealed after removing the heat sinks.
The VRM on this motherboard is a 4+3 phase VRM. It consists of an Intersil ISL95866 multi-phase R3 PWM controller chip, which offers 4+3 phase output. While the PWM controller has a total of 3 integrated drivers (2+1), GIGABYTE took advantage of all the rails by adding in four (2+2) ISL6625 single phase drivers.
Each driver on the main CPU VRM rail outputs to two low-side MOSFETs and one high-side MOSFET. Each driver on the iGPU rail outputs to one low-side MOSFET and one high-side MOSFET. The MOSFETs are ON Semiconductor 4C06N and 4C70N PowerPAKs. The
While the memory VRM is a single large phase controlled by a Richtek RT8120 single phase PWM with integrated driver and two low-side and one high-side MOSFET. The MOSFETs are all ON Semiconductor C406N.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]