The Z270-WS's hardware is impressive.
The VRM on this motherboard is a true 8+4 phase VRM. Each power stage uses an International Rectifier IR3555 60A PowIRstage, which integrates the high-side MOSFET, low-side MOSFET, and driver all into one a single package.
The filter components are also top notch, with 10K FP-CAPs. The main VCore rail is controlled by an 8-phase digital PWM, most likely an IR35201, it's labeled ASP1405, which is ASUS's custom numbering.
The iGPU rail gets its power from four phases made up for the same IR3555 50A fully integrated power stages that the CPU VCore VRM uses. It is also controlled by the same ASP1405, which should be an 8-phase IR35201 or equivalent.
The memory VRM consists of two phases, which use similar power stage components as ASUS ROG products such as the Maximus IX Formula. It's also controlled by the ASUS ASM1103, but it's not clear what chip is being rebranded.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z270-WS Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Asus Z270-WS Workstation- Black retails for £364.33 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270-WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ