The Z270-WS's hardware is impressive.
The VRM on this motherboard is a true 8+4 phase VRM. Each power stage uses an International Rectifier IR3555 60A PowIRstage, which integrates the high-side MOSFET, low-side MOSFET, and driver all into one a single package.
The filter components are also top notch, with 10K FP-CAPs. The main VCore rail is controlled by an 8-phase digital PWM, most likely an IR35201, it's labeled ASP1405, which is ASUS's custom numbering.
The iGPU rail gets its power from four phases made up for the same IR3555 50A fully integrated power stages that the CPU VCore VRM uses. It is also controlled by the same ASP1405, which should be an 8-phase IR35201 or equivalent.
The memory VRM consists of two phases, which use similar power stage components as ASUS ROG products such as the Maximus IX Formula. It's also controlled by the ASUS ASM1103, but it's not clear what chip is being rebranded.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z270-WS Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Z270-WS Workstation- Black retails for £344.74 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270-WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit