The Z270-WS's hardware is impressive.
The VRM on this motherboard is a true 8+4 phase VRM. Each power stage uses an International Rectifier IR3555 60A PowIRstage, which integrates the high-side MOSFET, low-side MOSFET, and driver all into one a single package.
The filter components are also top notch, with 10K FP-CAPs. The main VCore rail is controlled by an 8-phase digital PWM, most likely an IR35201, it's labeled ASP1405, which is ASUS's custom numbering.
The iGPU rail gets its power from four phases made up for the same IR3555 50A fully integrated power stages that the CPU VCore VRM uses. It is also controlled by the same ASP1405, which should be an 8-phase IR35201 or equivalent.
The memory VRM consists of two phases, which use similar power stage components as ASUS ROG products such as the Maximus IX Formula. It's also controlled by the ASUS ASM1103, but it's not clear what chip is being rebranded.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270-WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z270-WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]