The Z270 SuperCarrier has some serious hardware under those heat sinks.
The VRM on this motherboard is a 8+4+1+1 phase VRM. Starting at the top left, we have VCCIO, VCCSA, eight CPU VCore phases, and then four iGPU phases. The main PWM is the tried and true digital PWM from International Rectifier IR35201 fully digital PWM. It outputs 8+0/6+2/7+1 phases depending on the vendors' needs. In this case, ASRock is using it as 6+2 phases and uses only 4+2 of those phases. Those extra phases are then doubled by phase doublers/dual-drivers. Each power stage uses a Texas Instruments CSD87350Q5D NexFETs rated at 25A at 90% and up to 40A each. Each of the inductors is rated 60A, and the capacitors are 12K FP solid polymer Japanese capacitors.
There are six IR3598 doublers/dual-driver chips that supply the 8+4 phases for the CPU and iGPU phases. The memory VRM is two phases controlled by the uP1674P PWM with integrated drivers and outputs to two Texas Instruments CSD87350Q5D NexFETs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 SuperCarrier Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard