The Z270 SuperCarrier has some serious hardware under those heat sinks.
The VRM on this motherboard is a 8+4+1+1 phase VRM. Starting at the top left, we have VCCIO, VCCSA, eight CPU VCore phases, and then four iGPU phases. The main PWM is the tried and true digital PWM from International Rectifier IR35201 fully digital PWM. It outputs 8+0/6+2/7+1 phases depending on the vendors' needs. In this case, ASRock is using it as 6+2 phases and uses only 4+2 of those phases. Those extra phases are then doubled by phase doublers/dual-drivers. Each power stage uses a Texas Instruments CSD87350Q5D NexFETs rated at 25A at 90% and up to 40A each. Each of the inductors is rated 60A, and the capacitors are 12K FP solid polymer Japanese capacitors.
There are six IR3598 doublers/dual-driver chips that supply the 8+4 phases for the CPU and iGPU phases. The memory VRM is two phases controlled by the uP1674P PWM with integrated drivers and outputs to two Texas Instruments CSD87350Q5D NexFETs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 SuperCarrier Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's impressive new electric Semi Truck starts at $150K
- Battlegrounds surpasses 2.6 million concurrent gamers
- Battlegrounds has now sold over 22 million copies on the PC
- Battlegrounds new desert map named: Valle Coronado
- Wolfenstein II goes old school, with a new demo released
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ