The largest type of aircraft carriers are sometimes referred to as supercarriers, and today I get to take a look at what ASRock has deemed their ultimate Z270 motherboard. Decked out with a PEX8747 that doubles the amount of PCI-E lanes for up to 4-way SLI; the motherboard is one of a handful that offers the ability to run 3-way and 4-way SLI on the LGA1151 platform.
The motherboard also carries a totally new color theme, the latest in consumer features, and even a 5Gbit NIC. The "27" on the PCH heat sink is a symbol based on the Z270 chipset, which is loaded with tons of the latest features. The motherboard is designed to push the bounds of quality in almost every way. Let's begin our analysis of the Z270 SuperCarrier and see if it lives up to the hype.
The Z270 SuperCarrier offers a 5Gbit NIC, two 1Gbit NICs, Wireless AC, three Ultra M.2 slots, ten SATA6Gb/s ports, and many other premium features.
The Z270 SuperCarrier costs $379.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Asrock Z270 SuperCarrier Intel Z270 LGA1151 ATX retails for $350.00 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 SuperCarrier Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit