STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS is using the Realtek ALC1220, which offers 120dB SNR and an integrated headphone amplifier. To spice things up, ASUS also added two extra operational amplifiers, the Texas Instrument RC458, and OP1688. Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors and PCB isolation of the audio section help to improve overall audio quality.
Intel's i219v PHY compliments the integrated MAC in the PCH to produce the Intel NIC. ASUS's WIFI card is the Qualcomm QCNFA364A 2x2 Wireless AC/BT 4.1 controller.
The USB 3.1 internal header is controlled by the ASMedia ASM2142 and uses an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C controller. RGB LED control is derived from an AURA chip, and a Texas Instruments 2592AA eFuse helps protect the port from reversed polarity.
The nuvoTon NCT6793D SuperIO controls the fans and offers monitoring, while the TPU chip helps out with ASUS specific features such as automatic overclocking. A single 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROM holds the BIOS. The little chip labeled 6V4153 is a clock buffer, perhaps to enhance BCLK margins.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for $179 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for £191 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and STRIX Z270I Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard