STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS is using the Realtek ALC1220, which offers 120dB SNR and an integrated headphone amplifier. To spice things up, ASUS also added two extra operational amplifiers, the Texas Instrument RC458, and OP1688. Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors and PCB isolation of the audio section help to improve overall audio quality.
Intel's i219v PHY compliments the integrated MAC in the PCH to produce the Intel NIC. ASUS's WIFI card is the Qualcomm QCNFA364A 2x2 Wireless AC/BT 4.1 controller.
The USB 3.1 internal header is controlled by the ASMedia ASM2142 and uses an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C controller. RGB LED control is derived from an AURA chip, and a Texas Instruments 2592AA eFuse helps protect the port from reversed polarity.
The nuvoTon NCT6793D SuperIO controls the fans and offers monitoring, while the TPU chip helps out with ASUS specific features such as automatic overclocking. A single 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROM holds the BIOS. The little chip labeled 6V4153 is a clock buffer, perhaps to enhance BCLK margins.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for $179 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for £191 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and STRIX Z270I Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit